.68

"You know you're in love when you can't stop kissing each other..."

--

Santa Monica, California

Michael Jackson -- February 1st, 1993
Location: Santa Monica Beach

Michael Jackson -- February 1st, 1993Location: Santa Monica Beach

"It really does get dark out here." I sighed, sitting on the blanket next to her with our containers of food we packed up from her house.

She gave me a little smile. "It won't be too dark.. thanks to these lanterns."

I smiled back beginning to open my container. Instantly the smells of mac and cheese, fried chicken, amd sweet peas filled my nostrils. God, forgive me for cheating on my diet but I simply can't resist.

I picked the plastic fork up from the inside of the container and stabbed it into the little pile of mac and cheese. As I pulled the fork from the pile, little strings of cheese followed making me smile in delight. I opened my mouth putting the fork in and dragging it out. A moan left my lips as the taste of warm cheese blessed my tastebuds.

Ana looked at me, giggling a little as she too began to eat. "It's good?"

"Delicious," I groaned happily, helping myself to more of this great tasting food. "Where did your Aunt learned to cook so good? This is amazing!"

"I guess it runs in the family." She shrugged.

"So, you've been blessed with amazing abilities in the kitchen?" I asked, starting on my chicken.

Ana let out a laugh as if it was the dumbest question I'd asked. "I wish, but no, sadly. I only know the basics. You know, making sandwiches, pancakes —"

"Are you serious?" I couldn't help but laugh.

"If it makes it any better, I can make lasagna from scratch." She giggled while shrugging a little.

"Oh, nice." Sarcasm seeped through my skin. "Now I know not to let you into my kitchen anymore."

"Well, excuse me then." Ana playfully rolled her eyes. "Making French toast from scratch isn't exactly expert level."

"It's better than lasagna."

"Not even."

We took our time eating and savoring out food. Fifteen minutes later we were done, and was now watching the night sky silently. Ana laid her head against my chest, our fingers conjoined, and her leg was laid across mine. I blew out a small breath, leaning down to kiss the crown of her head gently.

"What are your daily thoughts?" I asked softly. My hand ran up and down her back gently.

I felt her breath fanning my shirt slightly as she laughed. "Where do I start," her fingers played with the button of my shirt. "I think about a lot of things."