.75

"Recognizing and talking through your problems is not a weakness. Doing nothing about them is"

--

Temple City, California

Michael Jackson -- February 17th, 1993
Location: 1341 Evergreen St

Michael Jackson -- February 17th, 1993Location: 1341 Evergreen St

I woke up to an empty bed this morning.

For the first time in my life, I slept through the night. I didn't take any sleeping pills or drink warm milk. As soon as my head touched the pillows, I was out like a light. Because the love of my life was sleeping next to me, of course.

I've always slept alone. Being able to close my eyes knowing that I'll be able to see my love's pretty face just made me so excited to wake up the next day. And now knowing that I'd be sleeping and waking up next to her for the rest of my life (hopefully) makes me more than happy.

This time, though, I didn't wake up with a smile. I was still sad from last night's events. My feelings about my vitiligo and blotchy skin along with knowing that Ana was really not okay had me feeling super emotional.

The only thing I've ever wanted in life was to be happy, and to make other's happy. I felt like I wasn't doing something right. Of course it's hard to forget that tragic time in your life, but there are always ways to forget temporarily. I thought I was doing that with Ana. I was doing that with Ana.

Seeing her crying and pushing me away broke my heart in four pieces. I really didn't mean to trigger her troubling past, and I didn't mean to act so eager with her. I let my emotions cloud me and I did what i thought was right. Now that I know, I'm going to do everything I can to gain whatever trust I had lost with her. I just want her to know how sorry I am.

We were both awake right now, facing each other with blank expressions. I'm sure that my face was just as tear stained as hers.

I kept my eyes on her, deeply afraid that I'd miss something if I looked away. Even in her darkest state, she still took my breath away with her beauty. My queen.

What could I say to lighten her heart? What explanation I could give for my actions? Would she forgive me? Does she still love me? Now I was doubting myself again.

"Stop overthinking. We're fine," her raspy voice spoke to me.

"Are we okay?" I whispered. My voice was quite scratched as well. We were crying so hard last night. "Can we talk about it?" I cautiously placed my hand on her cheek.

She closed her eyes slowly, nodding a little. Unknowingly, we had both moved just a inch closer to each other.

"I'm sorry," I started, rubbing her cheek with the back of my hand. "I let my silly hormones take over me and did the unthinkable. I really love you and I don't ever want to be the reason why you're sad. Please forgive me," I apologized as I placed my hand on her hip.