.73

- no quote inserted

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- February 13th, 1993
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Michael Jackson -- February 13th, 1993Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Ana came and sat on my lap with two cups of freshly squeezed lemonade. Frank was sitting across from us in the armchair with his cigar in his mouth. It was never lit, so I never understood why he had it.

He was the bearer of good news today, and I knew that it was pertaining to the interview that happened two days ago. Hopefully the rumors were laid to rest, and I didn't have to worry about the false accusations. I just wanted to continue my career on a good note without all of the extra.

"Thank you," I smiled at Ana, taking a small sip before sitting the cup on the table beside us. She smiled giving my cheek a small kiss. "So what's the good news, Frank?" I asked.

Frank let out a deep sigh smiling afterward. "Do you know how many people watched the interview?"

"How many?"

"Ninety..... million."

"What? That's great!" Ana cheered.

"Are you serious?" I asked, smiling widely.

"As a heart attack, Mike. And the people loved Annalisa on there!" I saw her smile from the corner of my eye. "Just last night, they held a whole segment on the news dedicated to her, trying to figure out who she was."

"Oh, wow," Ana mumbled. "That's weird."

Frank chuckled in agreement. "This happens almost everytime Michael is seem with a lady. They'll take extreme measures to find out who you are. It usually doesn't take long either. They'll have a whole news story on you by tonight."

Ana hid her face in the crook of my neck, groaning. It made me laugh because the vibrations tickled. "I'm scared. Genuinely scared," her voice was muffled.

"Oh, hun, it's really nothing to be scared of. Just be prepared for whatever happens."

"Yeah," I chimed. "How bad can this be, you know?"

Frank stayed over for awhile, just filling us in on what's happening in the world currently. Grammy season was underway, and I needed to find something to wear, and a pretty lady to take. Preferably Annalisa.

When Madeline showed him out, Ana and I walked into my room to have a little bit of privacy. Times like these were rare. Everytime Ana came over, one of my staff would take her from me. But not today, no. I wasn't going to let it happen today.

As soon as I turned around from closing the door, Ana was already face first into the blankets. I chuckled lightly before slipping off my shoes and climbing into bed next to her. My hand landed on her back gently rubbing it. She turned her head at the touch, looking at me.