Chapter 78

Anais Jones
May 4th, 11:58pm
Yesterday might've been the worst day I had in a really long time but Milo made me feel better of course. After picking me up from work today, he took me to this really good empanada spot all the way out in Queens. It was far, yes but I appreciated the gesture. The car ride wasn't too bad either.

Collapsing on my bed, I ain't even care about the fact I had my street clothes on. I was just so beat, I needed to sleep. But I did appreciate the good day I had. Most definitely topped yesterday.

"GeT oFf My BeD wItH yOuR sTrEeT cLoThEs On." Milo mocked, doing a really bad impression of me.

I flipped him the bird, tiredly putting my arm down. Raising my head out of my pillow, I checked the time on my phone. 12 on the dot. May 5th.

I gasped, quickly running to the kitchen. I grabbed the mini ice cream cake out of the freezer and some birthday candles. A two and a one. I got it this morning. I had to rush and bring it home before it melted though. I made sure to get his favorite kind of carvel cake with the cookie crumble on the bottom. He was gone love it.

After lighting the candles, I grabbed two shot glasses and poured us two cups of henny. I ended up drinking mine so I had to pour another. Putting it on one tray, I brought everything back to the room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA!" I cheesed, slowly bringing him his birthday cake. "GONE BUSS IT OPEN YOU 21 NAH!"

"Ohhhh shit. It's the 5th already...damn." He chuckled, mesmerized by his birthday candles. "You ain't have to do all this."

"Yes I did. It was the least I could do. I know I haven't been all there these last few days but-" I started.

"Stop it. I understand. You're grieving right now. It's okay to act how you're acting. Your feelings are more important than my flimsy ass birthday." He assured me.

"No!" I pouted. "Your birthday is special. I wanted to put my feelings aside to make sure you have the best day possible."

"My birthday stopped being special a long time ago." He scoffed.

I put his cake down on my dresser. "Why you say that?"

"It's complicated...but um...you made it special this year and I appreciate it." He smiled, leaning in for a kiss.

As I kissed him, I remembered I literally had burning candles in my room so I pulled away. Oh my God! Make a wish!"

He rolled his eyes, smiling and making his way to his lil birthday cake. Then he blew out the candles.

"YAY!" I clapped, taking videos and pictures of him. He was so cute.

His cute lil smile. His chubby cheeks. It all made me want to swallow his kids but now wasn't the time.

"Thank you so much Nani. It means a lot." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Your welcome bubba. Now gone take ya first legal shot."

He grabbed the two shots, handing one to me. Then we downed it at the same time.

"HOW THAT LIQUOR FEEL?" I asked, hyping him up.