Chapter 94

Milo Delavan
I was trying my hardest to keep my head up and stay awake. Cause as soon as I fell asleep, I would fall right into a coma. Bitch ass police officers ain't even send me to the hospital before they just threw me in jail along with Luca. That's how fucked up the system was though.

They didn't even acknowledge the fact that Luca and I were brothers. Twins at that. They really just threw us in here for neighborhood disturbance. We ain't stop fighting until they physically pulled us away.

This was the first time I been locked up. Well not the first time. I got locked up for protesting in the 70's but that didn't last as long as this.

Luca and I have been detained for a good 14 hours. No family members to bail us out. We were stuck. And none of us had the energy to use our magic to break out and get on with our lives.

We were both beaten up badly. I had a cut on my lip from Anais. And of course a black eye, and on the side of my face, a concrete scrape.

I think Luca had it worse than me. His finger was broken. Bent all the way back from a fall he took from losing his balance. Blood leaked from the side of his head but it was dry now. And just like me, he had a black eye.

We were both down bad.

"Since when do we fight over shawties?" He asked looking over at me from across the cell.

I looked up at him. I had blurred vision and could barely see him talk to me.

"Don't talk to me." I spat.

He sat back against the wall just laughing.

"This is funny. The most fun I had in years." He sighed.

"So fucking up another persons life and getting her pregnant is fun to you?" I spat.

"No nigga. I'm talking bout getting arrested fa fighting." He sighed. "I haven't gotten arrested for fighting in dumb long."

"Your sick. And when we get out of here, Ima need you to pack up your shit and find somewhere else to stay. Cause I can't live with you anymore." I grumbled.

He sucked his teeth. "Why I gotta leave? Why can't you?"

"You really asking that? Who's the one that cleans around the house, the one who pays the bills and shit? Me nigga. I'm the one doing all that shit. So yeah. You gone be the one to leave. Buy ya own crib at this point. I don't care. Do what you want."

"Fine then. I will." He shrugged, crossing his arms.

"Okay...Milo and Luca Delavan?" I heard from in front of us.

A police officer stood in front of the cell. "You guys are free to go."

He unlocked the door and we stood up from our seats leaving.

"What was that even for?" Luca asked.

"Luca be quiet. Let's go." I huffed as we walked through the precent.

***
Anais Jones
Taking deep breaths, I calmed myself down. I'd been very jumpy lately and very paranoid. Ever since yesterday when I found out the news about my kids I just been fucked up.

Superfecundation was the most rarest phenomenon and it just happened to happen to me. I mean what are the odds? A normal black girl in Brooklyn getting pregnant by twins from Long Island who happen to be witches by the way, with twins who end up being half witches as well.

My life was a poorly written book. And whoever the author was, was fucking my shit up. I wanted all the smoke.

Opening up my laptop, I closed out all them baby shopping tabs and opened a new one. I needed a fucking getaway. A retreat.