Chapter 50

Milo Delavan
"Okay Maddy. You can come in now." I smiled, proud of what I did to her room. I saw that a lot of girls her age liked their rooms decorated and done the way I did it for her, so I turned the attic into her bedroom.

She climbed up the ladder leading to the attic and when she popped her head through that floor, I knew I did sum right.

Her eyes lit up and a huge smile spread across her face.

"How long did this take you?" She asked, entering the attic fully and closing the door behind her.

"Not long. I just used my magic. Found a room on the internet and used a duplicate spell. So this shit costed free 99." I shrugged, standing back to see her reaction. "You could put all ya new clothes I brought you yesterday in your drawers now."

"I really don't know what to say." She smiled. "Thank you so much."

I loved to see her smile. It felt good to know I put a smile on someone's face. She went in for a hug. It kind of felt awkward and forced but I knew she meant well.

"I wish Luca was here so the Delavan's could be reunited again." She sighed, pulling away.

"Yeah same. But he usually goes a few days without coming home. It's a normal thing for him. He'll be back." I shrugged.

"Hopefully things could be like old times." She shrugged. "Remember you guys used to tell me scary stories when mom and dad went to bed."

"Yeah." I lied. I didn't know how the fuck she remembered all these things about our past. I couldn't tell you a damn thing that happened 10 years ago let alone 300 and something.

"It's okay if you don't remember." She chuckled.

"Yeah you caught me." I laughed.

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "The pizzas here."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Her powers were definitely stronger than before. Something I do remember is the fact that she was only able to levitate shit in the air.

Now she was casting spells and predicting shit like a pro. I was curious as to what else she could do. Maybe I could test her strengths to see where she was at.

Opening the attic door and climbing down the ladder, Maddy followed right behind me and closed it once she reached the bottom.

She followed me downstairs into the kitchen where she washed her hands. I cut through the second door to answer the front door. As soon as I did, Luca brushed right past me. Behind him was the pizza guy, holding the box in his hands.

"Bro!" I called out, looking back at him.

"Wassup?" He nodded, holding his fist up for a dap.

I paid the pizza guy, tipping him two bucks and took the pizza. Closing the door behind myself, I locked it and led Luca to the kitchen.

Before entering, I prepared him for what he was bout to see. "Okay, for you go in there...your not dreaming. This is real. This is really real. Be nice, say hi and converse."

"What? You got an alien in there or sum? Fuck you preparing me for?" He asked excitedly.

Recklessly walking into the room, Luca stopped and stared at what was probably Maddy then looked back at me.

"Nigga this is what you prepared me for?" He chuckled. "Hey Madeline. Long time no see. How you been?"

He reached in for a dap.

I was surprised at his first reaction. So I peeked into the room to see hers. For a second I thought I saw some fire in her eyes but it might've been the light reflection instead.