Chapter 41

Anais Jones, one week later
Saturday, 7:00am
I was surprised as hell to be getting a phone call this early. The only calls I ever got this early were from Milo but we weren't on good terms anymore. Plus I haven't seen him in a week. Luca either. They stopped coming to school since the situation happened.

I picked up the phone, hoping it'd be Milo. I wanted him to come around and accept my apology so my conscious could be clear but got my hopes way too high. It was only Bianca.

"Hello?" I yawned.

"HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY BITCH!" She shouted.

"Thank you." I laughed, realizing what today had been.

I was so consumed by school, work and drama that I forgot I turned 21 today. It was weird how time flies. I remembered celebrating my 10th birthday like a year ago.

"No problem! So where we finna go? What we gone go do? Ima take you to the club and get you fucked up. Cause you know, you 21 now sis." She bubbled excitedly.

I swear Bianca was the only person I knew that would be more excited for someone else birthday more than hers.

"Girl I gotta work today. I'm probably gone chill at home." I chuckled.

Bianca sucked her teeth. "BOOOOOOO! C'mon sis. Let me take you out! You finally got rid of that light skinned nigga. He was taking up all ya time. We barely got to hang out cause of him. Come rock with me fa the night."

"I didn't get rid of him...I just distanced myself." I sighed. "Plus ion know...I'm kinda broke right now anyways. My paycheck come in next week."

"They'll be new niggas there. Better ones. And bro I'll pay. My treat." She said in a begging tone. "If youn come out the house, ima drag you Anais. It's ya 21st birthday and youn wanna celebrate?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Damn."

"I mean you didn't have a choice but see you when you get off of work." She cackled, hanging up the phone before I could say anything else.

I smiled looking down at my phone. "She's crazy."

Now my mood kind of shifted. I was actually excited for today. I did need to get out of the house and do something with someone other than a nigga.

***
Milo Delavan
I stared up into space watching the gray cloud form above my head. I hated when I was like this. Everywhere I would go it'd rain on me. Outside, indoors. Everywhere.

My mood been 17 kinds of fucked up all week. Ion think I ate once. Couldn't remember if I even slept either. Just all week my feelings been everywhere.

I ain't come out my room once. One because I ain't wanna see Luca's bitch ass and two because I just ain't feel like getting out of bed.

I was sure my bed had a dent in it because of how long I'd been laying in it. Ion even think I got up to pee not once. The only time I did get up was to shower. Other than that, I was watching a bunch of anime on my computer and watching people on instagram do stupid shit.

This was the type of shit I did when I was depressed. It took me a while to get out of it too. Not if I occupied my mind though. Usually a painting a huge canvas would help me but a nigga ain't have the strength.

Plus...it reminded me of me and Anais. Every time I thought of anything art related, I thought of her ass. I thought of all that passion she had for it. Lowkey made me tear up.

But I wasn't gone cry over a shawty that ain't give a fuck about me. I was gone keep it real and suck it up. I hated the fact that this shit even happened but it was whatever. I should've expected it.