Chapter 73

Anais Jones, her place
Monday, the next day
"You'll never catch me with an android." I cackled, opening up the new IPhone 12 box.

Milo laughed with me. "On God. I ain't never buying a phone that you gotta reassemble when it fall on the ground."

"Not gone lie, I had one all through middle school. I was that girl who tried to take white girl Tumblr pictures with an android."

"Awww you was one of those? You was down bad." He wheezed.

"Leave me! Ima bad bitch now so ion know why you making fun of me. I bet you was one of them overly weird anime kids who ran like Naruto in the halls."

"You got me all wrong. I ain't even have middle school back in my day." He scoffed.

"Back in your day? Boy...you sayin it like we weren't in middle school like 7 or 8 years ago."

"You right, you right." He nodded.

I rolled my eyes, lifting up the plastic to my new phone. Milo had gotten me a new one after we found out my old one went completely missing. I appreciated the gesture so much. I only lost a few contacts and a few pictures but it was all good. Not only did I get an upgrade but I got some new AirPods to go with it.

He treated me so well. I loved him for that.

"I don't understand how the fuck my phone went missing in the first place." I sighed, mindlessly scrolling through the new features on the 12.

"Weird shit like that happens to me all the time. One time my phone went missing for a good two or 3 weeks. I had just gotten it too. I refused to buy a new one but ended up getting it any fuckin ways. Tell me why, as I'm using the new phone, I find the old one under my bed."

"Nigga..."

"NAH BUT I COULD'VE SWORN IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE!" He exclaimed.

"I be like that too." I sighed, scrolling through my social medias. Haven't been on them in a week but to be honest, I ain't miss nothing. Nothing really happened and it was just as boring as I remembered.

So I went to snap to see if any of my mutuals posted anything interesting. Really, it was nothing. A couple girls I went to high school with had linked up. But that was it.

Someone was throwing subs at the other because someone got pregnant by this one's baby's daddy, sisters, cousins brother. It was so confusing and I was glad I wasn't going through what they were going through.

I was thankful to be in a healthy, happy relationship with Milo. And just for that, I thought I might show him off. I always did but I just felt the urge to right this second.

"Bae!"

"Hmm?" He murmured, coming to look at my phone. "Oh nah, don't record me. I look rough as hell right now. Ain't shave or cut my hair in a week."