Chapter 15

okay start the song when Luca and Anais get to her house. 🌚 it fits the mood.
***
Anais Jones, end of day
Milo had to be on some hardcore crack right now. He had to have snorted a line in that corner he was in because the way he was acting just now did not sit right with me. Like he was out here being rude as hell. And for what?

He was sweet this morning so I wasn't understanding his sudden attitude change. I wasn't feeling shit at all today. Even Jared was on my dick tryna apologize and shit. I had to block his number and instagram. I was done with niggas for the day.

Popping my headphones in, I put my playlist on shuffle. I had my music blasting and it honestly calmed my nerves. Leaving Campus, I walked down the block and turned the corner. There, my job was just waiting for me to work my shift.

I just wanted to go home and roll a blunt. I was sick of work.

Taking a deep breath, I walked through the doors turning my music down. Someone was already waiting at the cash register.

"See my shift is over but you could talk to Anais. Her shift is about to start right now." My co-worker nodded, pointing to me.

I gave her a fake smile, turning my music completely off. The person standing at the cash register took his hoodie off revealing his hair and who he was.

I could already tell it'd been Milo from that blonde ass bean.

"Man what the hell are you doin here?" I asked.

"What? I can't pick up my art thingies?" He asked.

"Milo you only came here that one time. The day we met. Why are you here now?" I asked.

"Anais...I can't see you after school? Damn. I ain't know it was like that mama." He sighed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Milo why are you acting like this?" I asked.

"Like what?" He asked tripping over what seemed like thin air trying to follow me around.

"That's the most Milo thing you've done all day. Trip over thin air with your clumsy ass." I chuckled.

"You damn right it is..." He chuckled, following me to the back room.

"Um where you going? Employees only." I scoffed, stopping him before he could enter the room.

He sucked his teeth.

"Come on you still mad at me?" He asked.

I didn't answer the question.

"Employees only nigga. Now buy sum or leave." I spat.

"Anais." He pouted grabbing one of my hands, staring directly into my eyes. "I'm sorry."

Milo said he was sorry so gently. Surprisingly, still acting out of character but something about his apology made it seem like it was him in a way.

"If I forgive you, will you leave?" I asked, suddenly forgetting what made me aggravated with him in the first place.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Okay. I forgive you now go. I gotta work." I sighed, putting my apron on in the back room.

"Wait...I got a surprise for you though." He said.

"Surprise?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He nodded, still in front of the cash register.

"You could give it to me tomorrow. I gotta work and I can't have people lingering around my job. I'm not tryna get in trouble." I sighed.