Chapter 45

this song goes with anais' pov 🙈
***
Luca Delavan
"Could you please show me one more time?" Anais pleaded, squeezing on my forearm as we walked through the school parking lot.

"See this is why I shoulda never told you I was a witch." I huffed. "Go into that corner."

"Okay!" She bubbled, skipping into the dark corner where we couldn't be seen.

I followed her there, forming both of my hands into a ball. "Alright, this is the last time we doin this in public. Cause if someone see, ima have to kill em." I blurted.

"Kill them?!" She shouted.

I sucked my teeth. "No, no I meant make them forget their memory. Same thing."

Her faced scrunched up. "Its really not Luca..."

"Ma you wanna see the thingie again or what?" I asked.

"Okay, okay let me see." She smiled, looking down at my hands.

Concentrated, I formed a luminous ball of light. In her favorite color too. I watched it glow in the reflection of her eyes. She was so mesmerized. She hovered her fingers over it trying to play with it. It was literally just a ball of compressed light.

"This is so cool." She whispered, looking up at me. "Your so cool."

I smiled at her, putting the ball of light away.

She pouted her bottom lip. "Aw."

"C'mon." I chuckled, kissing her on the forehead.

She took my hand as we walked out of the dark corner and held it.

I wasn't used to holding hands with her still. Or anybody at all. It was nice to feel a smaller and softer hand in mine. So I held on tighter cause I didn't know how long it'd last to be honest.

"You tryna cut off my circulation?" She chuckled, looking down at our hands.

"No, no. I'm sorry." I apologized.

She shook her head squeezing mine tight as well. "Its fine."

Now we were holding onto each other for dear life. I could feel she ain't want me to let go of her either. I decided to read her thoughts. See what she was thinking.

I wonder if he could come over tonight. I miss hanging out with him. I was so mad when I had to leave him yesterday.

"You mind if I come over after school?" I asked. "We haven't chilled in a while."

"I- nigga did you just read my thoughts." She gasped.

I smirked at her. "Yes."

"Okay what am I thinking now?" She asked, squinting her eyes and tapping her lip with her other index finger.

"Ion know if I could say that out loud. People gone look at me sideways." I cackled. Her ass was a lil freak.

She pushed me away, letting go of my hand. She was laughing. "Oh my Gosh."

"What?" I chuckled, grabbing on her from behind. She barely tried pushing my arms down while I kissed on her neck. "Did you not think of that?"

She couldn't stop smiling. "I did."