Chapter 88

Anais Jones
"Nani...I'm sorry. Just pick up the phone and I'll explain what happened later. I love you. Stop by my crib so we could talk."

The crazy part was, I was already on my way to his place. Not because I wanted to hear what he had to say but because I wanted to deck him in the mouth. Nice and hard.

I felt so stupid. So fucking dumb. He really just paid me no mind for the last few weeks. Urged me to do this mentoring shit so we could be together, was barely rooting for me, buttered me up last minute so he could get in my pants, all for him to miss me and Roshon's art show. Roshon won in the end. He really won $20k all thanks to Milo.

I won 3rd place which was $1k and a $50 gift card to Chipotle. I wasn't complaining. But I wish I could've been in first place. If Milo were there, I wouldn't even care about winning. His presence would be enough.

I was crying now. I felt kind of used, kind of annoyed. Was I being over dramatic? I don't know.

I just felt like me and Milo weren't compatible sometimes. He was always doing something. He didn't bring anything special to the table and we just stayed in the same boring ass routine.

I was finally at his crib. The lights were on and the door was wide open. But his car wasn't in the driveway so I was a little confused.

Parking in his usual parking space, I hopped out of my car and locked it behind me. Then I walked up the pavement into the house. I closed the door behind me then took my shoes off.

"Milo I'm here!" I called out ready to sock him in the eye.

Walking around the first floor, I dead couldn't find him. And I doubted he was in his bedroom. He would've been teleported his big ass down here already.

But then, I started to hear a very faint noise coming from the living room. It sounded like sniffling. Slowly making my way into the living room, I saw that the lights had been dim. And on the couch wasn't Milo but it was Luca. And...he was crying.

He looked like he'd been going through it. His hands covered his face and his eyes watered so much, it was dripping through his fingers.

I couldn't help but feel bad. I never seen him show any kind of sad emotion before. But here he was. He looked up. I could tell that he'd been shocked to see me.

But now...he was crying even more. He laid on the couch burying his face into one of the pillows and let out all these small cries.

I almost wanted to cry with him. I could conclude that we were all going through it.

"Luca...you okay?" I asked, walking towards him.

He picked his head up out of his pillow. "Nah mane."

His eyes were red and puffy. His face was red too. I felt so bad for him.

"You mind if I sit next to you?" I asked.

"No."

Taking a seat next to him, I rested my hand on his shoulder. He looked down at it wiping his tears and looking away.

"I ain't never want you to see me like this. But here we are." He chuckled.

I pouted my lip. "It's okay to let your emotions out every now and again."

"No it's not. That shit makes me look weak." He cried.

I felt so bad.

"No it doesn't. It makes you more of a man in my opinion." I smirked, trying to make him feel better.

He turned away taking a deep breath.

"Do you mind me asking what's the matter?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's you."