Chapter 54

Milo Delavan
Tonight it was a new dream. And it was weird as fuck. I was eating at this big ole table with Maddy, Luca, and Anais then all of a sudden, it felt like I was floating in mid air. We all were. Anais, Luca, and Maddy were unfazed. I was the only one trying to figure out how to get to the ground.

Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air but every time I did, it would only make it worse. Then I realized I was under water. I tried to use my powers to breathe but it wasn't working.

I was slowly dying and there was nothing I could do. Luca was the first one to die. His body just floated next to mine while I struggled to breathe. His eyes open and bloated as hell. When I woke up, I almost yelped. There, a tall dark figure stood at the edge of my bed. For a second, I was gone throw sum at it before I realized it was only Maddy.

"Yo whatchu you doing in here?" I gasped, trying to catch my breath. My heart was beating and I was sweating OD. I had to take my hoodie off. I was over heating now.

"I had a night terror." She whispered. "Could I sleep at the edge of your bed?"

"Yeah get in." I huffed laying back down.

"Thank you." She sniffled. I could tell she'd been crying. I was too tired to say anything though. I would've felt like shit if I didn't though.

"You good?" I mumbled sleepily, watching as she crawled and curled up at the edge of my bed.

"I'm fine." She sniffled.

"You had fun at what's ha name house right? Ain't nothin happened?" I asked.

"Mm-mm." She murmured.

I knew sum was wrong but I wasn't gone pry until she was ready to tell me. I didn't wanna make her feel worse and have her cry even more.

"Good night." She mumbled.

"Night. Wake me if ya dreams start up again." I told her. "I'll make you a sleeping potion."

But she didn't answer so I could only assume she was asleep. Dozing off, I tried to forget that fucked up dream I had. No matter how many images of Luca's dead body popped into my head again.

I already knew sleep wasn't gone be an option fa me tonight.

***
Anais Jones, 7:00am
"I never seen an IHOP open this early. Like this is a first. Especially this IHOP. I come here all the time and they don't be open til 10." I spoke, taking Luca's hand as we crossed the street.

He held the door open for me and let me walk in first. Then he followed behind me.

"I did a lil sum, sum." He shrugged.

I tilted my head. "Whatchu mean?"

"Used a luh magic. Feel me?" He shrugged, waving down the hostess.

He always used his magic when it came to doing something that benefited me or us. I loved him for that.

"Let me get a table fa two please." He ordered, pointing at himself and me.

"Okay that'll be about a 15 minute wait. Your name?" She sighed, tapping on her lil screen behind her desk.

Luca scoffed, looking around. "Were not waiting. There's like 5 empty tables back there."

"Yeah but their reserved. Name please." She huffed. She had a lil attitude too.

"Look miss, ion know why you givin him an attitude. He ain't eve-" I spat before Luca cut me off.

Snapping his fingers, Luca rolled his eyes. The lady stared into space and looked completely lifeless. Lifeless until she handed us forks and menus, pointing to a table for two in the back. But it hadn't been cleaned yet.