Chapter 86

taking a moment to appreciate dyme 🥲
***
Anais Jones
7:00am
I found it so annoying how my phone alarm went off like this. I didn't have shit to wake up for today. Like literally nothing. After regaining full consciousness, I realized Milo and I had still been in the back seat. I was passed out on top of him and we were both naked.

Thank God we had some covers on us though. I don't know what I would do if a park ranger found us up on this hill. I would be so embarrassed.

Turning my alarm off, I sat up and tried not to wake Milo. Leaning back in my seat, I decided scrolling through my phone was gone be how I spent my time until Milo woke up.

The first thing that caught my eyes was the message from a contact I hadn't saved.

347-988-9276
i hope you realized the truth

2m ago

Instantly, I furrowed my brows in confusion. I was gonna block it because someone probably was playing a stupid prank or had the wrong number. But...something compelled me to type back.

Me
who is this?

347-988-9276
luca. i got a new number.

What the actual fuck. This man stopped at nothing. New numbers, instagram pages and all.

Me
look...i'm not gone block you. cause i know you finna find me again anyways. but...listen. just leave me alone.

347-988-9276
bet. ima stop bothering you. but my thing is...how could you not believe me after all this? milo even told you what we were. do you not think for one second that if i was telling the truth about being a witch, that i wouldn't be telling the truth about us anais?

After reading that message. I really got to thinking. What if he was right? What if we were together? What if this was all some crazy spell?

I was losing my mind here. I didn't want to be bothered with this. It'd be pretty fucked up on  Milo's part if he did put a spell on me.

But Milo would never. He would never do that to me. He wasn't a liar. He wasn't a deceiving person. I didn't need his word to know that he didn't do this to me. He would never.

But at the same time...

I shook my head. There was no way.

Me
there ain't no way.

347-988-9276
you gone remember one day. and when you do, you gone hate milo bitch ass.

I took a deep breath. I got this uneasy feeling in my chest. Feeling undecided and weirded out.

Scrolling through me and Luca's text messages, I started from the beginning to read them. As I did, I could hear Milo start to wake up.

I gasped with the quickeness, immediately hiding my phone.

"You up hella early." He mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Who you texting? Ya phone buzzin like a muh."

I was caught hella off guard. "I- I- I was just on snap. You know people still like to send me streaks like we in middle school."

He nodded his head, not really caring about my answer. He was more sleepy than attentive.

I couldn't believe I just lied. I never lied to Milo. Out of all people, not Milo. He trusted every word I said. Maybe I should just tell him the truth. He could probably read my thoughts with his X-men ass powers. There was no point in lying.