Chapter 2

You guys gotta listen to the song.
***
Luca Delavan, Long Island
9:00pm
I stared up at the ceiling getting more and more impatient by the fucking minute. I'd been in this place for 4 years, 5 months, 10 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 15 seconds. I hated it here.

A fucking mental hospital. Telling me I had a fucked up state of mind. Saying that I was crazy. A menace to society. Someone that wasn't so normal. It was all a bullshit system to divide the normal from intellectuals. Me being the intellectual.

Break out. He said.

"I tried that." I mumbled.

Do it again. He told me. Burn the place down.

"Not gone lie...burning it down sounds kind of nice." I smiled. The lil dude in my head had a point.

Kill them all and save that bitch nurse for last. The one who refused to let you skip your meds. He said.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Chop her head off then burn it. He laughed.

"Yeahhhh." I smiled, sitting up in my seat.

In between my mattress, I pulled out a lighter I'd been using to smoke my cigarettes. The only things that kept me calm in here. Couldn't get my hands on no weed so bogie's were my only option.

I lit the lighter, watching the fire burn. It was so mesmerizing. I put my finger through it not feeling a single thing. I wished I could feel it though. I couldn't feel anything. I was numb to the bone.

"Delavan!" Someone called out.

I snapped out of my daze, tucking the lighter back in between my mattress. The door swung open and in came that bitch nurse the voice in my head was referring to.

I nodded my head, licking my lips out of habit.

"Your going home." She announced.

A huge grin appeared on my face. This was a surprise to me. I thought I would never get out of here.

"You for real?" I asked.

"Yes." She answered dryly, handing me the clothes I checked in with four whole years ago. She also handed me my other belongings. My phone, wallet, keys to my crib, and boots.

"Shitten meee!" I exclaimed.

She left the room, closing the door behind me. I immediately stripped these bumass hospital clothes off of my body, struggling to get into my normal clothes.

My shit still fit like a glove. I mean, it was only 4 years ago. And it wasn't like I was growing anymore.

Don't forget to burn the place down. He said.

"My nigga we don't need to do that anymore. We outta here." I sucked my teeth.

Burn it. He demanded.

"I said no." I mumbled, shoving my all black timbs. "I miss these shits like hell."

I almost forgot about my timbs. I loved them. Went with all my fits. Walked with the drip every time I wore em.

I waited til the nurse came back to the room. When she did, she came with someone. I sprung up from my mattress, making sure I had all my shit before I left.

I can't believe their letting this crazy fuck out. She thought.

I glared at her, doing everything in my power not to put her on fire with the snap of my fingers. Taking a deep breath, I turned to look at who'd been with her.