Chapter 62

Milo Delavan
Hotels really brought me a sense of comfort. Not only did I feel safe, I felt pampered. I ain't have to get up once for food or leave the room for anything but the arcade down stairs. Of course I could only go at night though. Fuck I look like being the only brown nigga up in there with a bunch of kids?

I was in the midst of another painting when something told me to check on Luca. He was most likely with Anais being that it was the day after valentine's day. The only place he could be.

Putting down my paint brush, I picked up my phone and clicked on his contact. Immediately his phone went to voice mail. Knowing him, the shit was off.

It was like I saw him less and less. Yeah, we had our differences but I dead did miss his company. I kind of wish shit could go back to how they were before Maddy got here. I wasn't happy but I was aight with the way shit was going.

***
Luca Delavan
Tuesday, 10:00am

I been up since the time I woke up last night

I been up since the time I woke up last night. So was Anais. We was just chillin in ha bed watching movies like we ain't just trip sum serious two days ago.

"The affects of this shit is wild. I never went this long without sleeping." She mumbled nuzzling her face in between my chest.

"You get used to it." I shrugged.

She nodded her head, moving her body in closer to mine. "I love you."

Them words made me want to skin her alive and wrap it around my body forever.

"I love you more."

She was the only one I was ever soft around. Even I was shocked at myself.

"Promise me we won't fight again or go without speaking." She pleaded.

I rolled my eyes kissing her big ole forehead. "I already told you I wasn't gone let that happen."

She looked up at me with innocent eyes. So, so pretty.

"I got something for you. It was like a sorry gift/valentines day gift." She smiled, getting up from bed.

"Awww shit. What you got me?"

She got on her tippy toes reaching into her closet. "Okay close your eyes."

"I don't close my eyes." I shrugged.

"Nigga just close em!" She exclaimed hiding the gift behind her back.

I squinted my eyes, eventually closing em. "I swear to God if you got me another one of tho-"

"Open em!" She squeaked holding a black book out in front of her.

I raised my eyebrows taking it from her. "A book?"