Chapter 24

Milo Delevan

Me
u aight ma?

nani🖤
i hadda leave. srry.

Me
u want me to stop by ya job? bring u food?

nani🖤
i'm good

At this point I felt like yelling and throwing my phone across a room. Only thing stopping me was the fact that I was in my car and driving down the highway.

It was like I tried and I tried and I fucking tried to get with this girl but something always came up. I started to question if shawty was even feeling me. It was hard to tell too. I didn't want to peer into her thoughts and emotions cause I was type scared I would get hurt. I been hurt too many fucking times.

But then I thought to myself. Jared was her nigga. Or her luh talking stage or whatever the fuck they were. Of course she would be a little upset. Maybe I just had to give her, her time and space to grieve. Maybe I was being insensitive. I think I was.

If one of my luh ex's or talking stages died, I would be type sad cause I ain't never end on a bad note with none of em. It was just the fact that seeing her think about him emotionally more than she ever has with me, took me back just a lil.

But I was gone give her, her space. Thanksgiving break started tomorrow so we had a few days off. That should be enough time...I think.

I had no living relatives except Luca so that holiday was lonely. So was Christmas and my birthday. And being that the nigga was missing, we wasn't gone be spending that holiday together at all.

***
Luca Delevan
5:00pm
I woke up in a daze. Head was spinning, mouth, hella dry, stomach nauseous, I just felt wild sick. When my eyes finally focused, I realized I'd been right on Joyner's couch where I'd fallen asleep. Earlier, he ordered me some pizza and I think I done ate the whole box. Sitting up right, I realized my shirt was off and I was in my sweats. Then I let out a lil burp. We had wings too.

Now I remember after eating around 12, I fell asleep on the couch and slept til now.

"Aye nigga you finally up?" Joyner called out.

"Yeah." I yawned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I'd been crashing at his place for dumb long. I couldn't even remember how long I was here. Shit could've been years. I had no concept of time when I was 'like this.' High or coming down

"How long I been here?" I asked, waving my hand and creating a ball of light. The dark living room was now somewhat luminous.

"A week and a coupla days my nigga! You ask this shit every day fool." He exclaimed.

"My bad." I chuckled, looking for a light switch.

"He's using magical powers! Help me! Save me from this devil Joyner." Joyner's mom yelled out.

I forgot she'd been sitting in a recliner across from me this whole time. Just watching me and shit.

"Shut the fuck up." I whispered, flipping her the bird.

"Ma! How many times I gotta tell you to take ya meds? You seeing things again." He answered.

"But Joyner look! He- he...!" She panicked before I put the light out and sat on top of my hand.

"Ma. C'mon now." He huffed, turning on the lights. I looked up at him shrugging my shoulders.

"Man I think I'm finna go out. I feel like I'm being attacked again." I huffed, standing up from my seat.