Hitting The Road

Zhang Qiling

After they discussed what steps to take next, it was decided that they will resume their journey in the morning, after Wu Xie and Ah Ning recovers from their weak state. Seen that Wu Xie still looked pale, Qiling took food from his backpack and offered to him and almost immediately he saw Wu Xie warmly smile at him, taking the pack from his hands.

Qiling silently sat by his side, glad to have him back. He had been worry sick as he searched the hellish place, fearing he may not find him on time. Now, after seen that devastatingly pure smile, his heart was once again at ease, although skipping a few beats. At times like those, it was plain to see that Wu Xie was indeed his only connection to this world. The only one that moved his heart like no one else.

Of course, he cared for Wang Pangzi as well, but the feeling was completely different. Wu Xie got alone with Fatty quite well, like a true brother and thus he too treated Pangzi more or less the same. In the end, it was because of Wu Xie that his lone world had open up to a bigger one and he find it warming and even welcoming.

"Hey, did I worry you that much? You look a bit lost in thoughts... sorry about that. It seems that troubles always manage to find me no matter where I go." That was the biggest true Zhang Qiling had hear in a long time. He smiled faintly, which seems to delight Wu Xie, granting him with another smile of his own.

"Xiaoge, my luck is strong, so I will not die so easily..." Wu Xie joked.

"This was close." Qiling refuted and Wu Xie patted his shoulder.

"Alright it was a bit too close... by the way, thanks. You certainly save my sorry ass again." Qiling simply nodded and lay his back on the rock behind him, closing his eyes.

"You must be tired for rushing all the way here." Wu Xie whisper as he moved a little closer to Xiaoge, to give him a little of his warmth in return for saving him.

"Rest too." Qiling hushed and Wu Xie closed his eyes as well after a while of silence. With all the walking, dehydration and hunger he just experience, his body soon give in to exhaustion once more and just shortly after, both Pangzi and Pan Zi saw as Wu Xie slowly end up laying over Xiaoge's chest first, then lap. That in itself was not surprising, giving the fact Tianzhen was tired, but Zhang Qiling simply didn't move a finger to push him away, on the contrary, he put his hands over Wu Xie's arm and waist instead.

Tempted by the cute sight, Pangzi grabbed his camera and started taking  pictures of them like mad from different angles, while they sleep on each other's arms.

"Sorry, Ah Ning, but you really don't have a chance with Tianzhen at all... they are so natural, sleeping like that." He said to himself, as Pan Zi sighed in resignation. With all honesty, if Wu Xie really end up falling for Zhang Qiling, the Wu family will find themselves without another heir to inherit the next generation legacy. Maybe it was already too late for the future of the family, unless Wu Xie find himself someone else to take over the family in his place. Probably adopted.

Maybe the Wu family had been cursed the same as other families from the Mystic Nine, because out of three brothers, only the eldest end up marrying and having a single son, which looked a bit too infatuated with the closer thing to an immortal. A male one at that.

The next morning, Wu Xie wake up feeling refreshed. Perhaps he had been too exhausted the night before, because he slept like a baby,  not feeling even the cold that was typical of the desert nights, until Pangzi wake him up.

"Did you rest well, huh?" Pangzi asked almost mockingly to Tianzhen.

"I did, why? Did something happen?" Wu Xie asked innocently, as he stood up and dusted his pants. Then Pangzi smiled taking out his camera to show him the photos he had taken of him and Xiaoge while they slept. Almost immediately, Wu Xie's face was on fire and on his panic he try to reach the camera, but Pangzi backed off just in time to keep it away from his grasp.