Into The Darkness

Hei Xiazi

"Master Hua, Master Xiazi, is good to see you again. I will always be glad to give the Xie family a hand when in need... I owe you guys a lot from Tamutuo..." Panzi said with a small bow in respectful greeting.

"Panzi, you owe me nothing from that disaster. Wu Xie is my cousin and Master San... well, he is family too, after all. Have you been able to contact him after Tamutuo?" Xiao Hua asked to the man, although he knew the answer quite well as he had done all he could himself.

"Unfortunately no. I have try all our past contacts, even the emergency ones that only he and I know of and got nothing so far... but that doesn't mean I had given up just yet. I will keep looking for him for as long as I can." Panzi said firmly, which give Xiao Hua a sense of fondness for the man that had devoted most of his life to his uncle, even if he wasn't aware of the deceiving those two had play to all of them at that time.

"I thank you for your hard work. I know you are facing some troubles with Wu San Xing's people in his absence, so please, don't hesitate to ask me for help if it gets out of control. I know Wu Xie should be the one helping you with that, as the heir of the Wu family, but we all know he is not ready to face those hardships right now." Xiao Hua offer, but Panzi declined.

"Thanks for the offer, but I can manage Sanye's business for now."

"It will get harder as time passes."

"Yeah, I know, but I will hold the fort for as long as I can."

"I will be sure to give Wu Xie some scolding after we finish this business. You deserve a good retirement after all your good years of serving the Wu family."

"It had been my honor, Master Hua. I ask for nothing in return."

"Even if you don't ask for it, you still deserve it and Wu Xie will agree with me wholeheartedly." Xiao Hua said as he slightly patted Panzi's back.

"He is right, Panzi... so, you are here to give us a hand with this project, right?" Xiazi asked for Xiao Hua, as he knew that his lover was curious of how Panzi was involved with his 'contact'.

"Yeah... I got a call from Master Xiao San yesterday, asking me to give you a hand with something he was involved in along with Pangzi and Zhang Qilin." Panzi answer.

"Wait, Wu Xie called you? I thought it was someone else... Hei Xiazi just have a call from him letting us now about your coming." Xiao Hua said as he looked at Xiazi.

"I don't know about that, but it was definitely Wu Xie who call me. I know him since he was a child, so I will never mistake his voice for someone else." Panzi said, making Xiazi smile nervously.

"Indeed you shouldn't..." Xiao Hua agree as his look went deeper, to the now impatient Xiazi.

"It must have been a coincidence. Maybe my contact got a hold on him from Banai... yeah... that sounds about right... well, we should go now, we are expecting to arrive as soon as possible. Come on, Panzi, your help will always be welcome and of course, you should ride with us." Xiazi hastily said as he almost drag Panzi with him in his hurry to avoid Xiao Hua's intense gaze.

Thus, dragging Panzi with them, give Xiazi room to breathe and think of an excuse to release himself from the mess Qi Yu was involving him. Obviously he was the one who had called Panzi, not Wu Xie, but he could not said that to Xiao Hua without explaining certain things he wanted to avoid for as long as he could... including his own longevity problem that he shared with Zhang Qilin.

Soon, they came to stop the car in front of a small mountain that looked filled with holes. It was of course the place they were meant to be and those holes were the ones they needed to explore to find the connection to Banai's team. Xiao Hua didn't wanted to waste time so he climbed into the mountain to put on safety ropes they will use to climb as well.