Fate Tricks

Once again for my dearest H, for been so wonderful, I love your crossover so very much.

💙💙💙

Zhang Qiling

The tales that Pangzi told him were so many it took a long time for him to explain in detail and by the end of it, Zhang Qiling was feeling his head ache not only by the knowledge of having Wu Xie so close to either death or to mortal danger while on tombs or even from the outside with the ones who had taken interest in him, like Cox Hendry and his associates.

Yes, Wu Xie had indeed been kidnapped before, but it wasn't only that, he had willingly jumped into the ocean to try find him in the Parcel Islands, jumped into a ghost ship before they reached said islands to save the now deceased Ning, was used as a human shield by the same woman inside the tomb, monsters of all kinds, poisonous insects, snakes of all sizes, faced a few candle dragons in the bronze tree, jumped into a river whirlpool to save an unconscious Pangzi in Tamutuo, the Snake Mother of Tamutuo and so on and on, in order to keep one of them safe at a time.

That, of course make him love the man even more, but also worries him, because Wu Xie was too caring and anything could put him in deadly danger, since he was concerned with everyone's life, not only of his own, which make him so reckless, even when he try to deny it, probably to make Qiling less concerned. However, of all the times Wu Xie had been in danger, there had been a particular one in which Pangzi had said he had kind of snapped and it was when Wu Xie had been infected with a type of fungus that had grown on his belly that make had him very sick.

Wu Xie had mention the incident before, telling him it have been then that their relationship had changed from a friendship to romantic one and now, Pangzi had confirm it, but he had no idea that it had been such a serious close call and he had been cursed with not even remember it, when it had changed everything for both of them... how could Wu Xie swallow that hard pill, he had no idea, but it must had been devastating when he find out all his memories were gone.

"I will check on Wu Xie..." Xiaoge said as he stood.

"Yeah, do that... and... well... make sure he is not angry with me... I will make something to eat, his favorite at that... go pacify him for me..." Pangzi said and Xiaoge headed toward the tent they shared.

Wu Xie was laying over the sleeping bag, not bothering to cover himself, only taking off his boots before giving in to rest. He looked a little pale, so Xiaoge bend down to take the discarded cover and wrap Wu Xie with it. That close to the lake it was colder than in other parts of the mountain and the air was stronger there too, so he needed to make sure that Wu Xie was keep warm. He was careful not to disturb Wu Xie's rest, but as he gently cover him, Wu Xie groaned softly in protest.

"Xiaoge... don't cover me..." Wu Xie whined and Xiaoge lower the cover a bit into the middle of his chest as per Wu Xie's request.

"It's windy..." Xiaoge told Wu Xie, as a reason for his action.

"Not really..."

"Are you mad with me?"

"No."

"Are you feeling hot?"

"Yeah, a bit... will you rest with me now?" Wu Xie asked as he turned to look at Qiling.

"Want company?"

"Yes... but I may be a little sweaty..." Wu Xie warned him and Xiaoge frowned with a hint of concern, because the day was not hot enough for Wu Xie to sweat. It wasn't a very hot day at all and with the fresh breeze coming from the lake, it was actually quite cold.