Saving Each Other

Xiao Hua

As Xiao Hua rushed inside the dark chamber, his heart was already beating faster in fear of what he could find. It was unlike Xiazi to not answer his call and even more so when he had called him with such worry on his voice, thus something must had happen for him to be unable to answer his call back.

He enter the chamber, expecting to see him injured or fighting something, but as he hastily illuminate the round chamber, he was surprise to find it empty. He yelled Xiazi's name a few more times as Panzi joined him and as they look for him, they found an iron lid that seem to lead down to another chamber.

Xiao Hua, give the hole bellow the iron plate a look and try to yell Xiazi's name again, but for some reason he was unable to yell at all. The air down there must have something to do with his momentarily loss of his voice, which make him sight in relief, even if he didn't see Xiazi anywhere he illuminate with his torch, he knew why he didn't have any answer to his call before.

"Master Hua, we should go down and look for Hei Xiazi." Panzi said, not affected by the bad air of the chamber bellow, thus Xiao Hua simply assented and started to go down the poles and gears, closely follow by Panzi. At the end, the new chamber looked also empty, but out of nowhere a ting, cover in hair came to attack them.

It was so sudden that Xiao Hua was taken by surprise for a few seconds that got him injured in the thing first blow, but he was strong, so he recover faster and then he fight the thing with all he had. Panzi was also good at martial arts, but even between the two of them, it was hard to keep up with that hairy monster, that obviously had a greater strength than both of them combined. Nonetheless, they needed to get rid of it if they wanted to find Xiazi and help Wu Xie's group, so in Xiao Hua's mind, letting go that thing was not an option and then... something else unexpected happen.

Another hairy man came from bellow the gears and to their big surprise, it attacked the one they were trying to get rid of instead of them. Xiao Hua and Panzi stayed back as the two thing fight each other, unsure of how to proceed next, now that there was something else involved they didn't know anything about. However, as he watched them fight, Xiao Hua notice that the movements of one of the things were very familiar to him, to a point it make him cry a name, even if there was no real sound.

"Xiazi!!!" He screamed his name a second time, but no real sound escaped his lips, yet, his heart was beating like crazy inside his chest as he realize that his man was now a smaller version of a sasquatch. He had no idea of what happen to him to be like that in such a short amount of time, but he was definitely not going to let the other thing hurt his man more. Thus, he joined Xiazi, as he had done so many times when they spared for practice and overpower the thing, making it jump further down into the gears.

Been together for months, they didn't need words to communicate with each other. Xiao Hua looked up and the hairy Xiazi assented in understanding and jumped up, then Xiao Hua signal Panzi to follow, which he did and both of them went up after Xiazi.

In the very moment that Xiao Huo was out of the second chamber, he was instantly running to Xiazi, which stood at the entrance of the iron plate chamber. Seen him like, Xiao Hua's heart was in a mess as he watched him and wanting to touch him, Xiao Hua extended his hand, but Xiazi moved back to avoid his contact.

"Xiazi, I know it's you... I will not hurt you..." Xiao Hua could said this time clearly and Xiazi touched his heart in response.

"What happen? Why are you like that?" Xiao Hua asked and Xiazi pointed at the other side of the long tunnel, to the exit.

"Alright, we will got out. Panzi, are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Can you make it back?"