Second Floor Mysteries

Wu Xie

After a few minutes of rest and breathing a clearer air, they keep up moving to the second floor or second challenge.

"Hey Tianzhen, what do you think that old woman wants from keeping us here? To die an early dead and so she can have the drawings the easy way?" Pangzi asked Wu Xie.

"She is cruel enough to think of that, but we should know better. Let's just decipher the levels as we keep moving up. It doesn't matter what she really wants... she is not going to get it." Wu Xie said and Xiaoge agree wholeheartedly.

"But don't you find this weird, that there are not stair that keep us going up?" Pangzi asked a second time and Wu Xie smiled.

"It's not weird when it comes to morgues. Stairs and exits are considerate bad fengshui in ominous places, thus in big morgues with more than one floor, they use hidden passageways for the family and works to cross around floors instead of stairs. It's not just do to superstitions, it's also a way to protect the morgue from intruders seeking what is left to the dead."

"That makes sense... so, that means that there is a way out right?"

"Yes, most likely there must be a way to move up and down between the passages choosing the correct set of rivets."

"So we have nothing to worry with this in our hands."

"As long as we decipher correctly, we will get out of this place, whatever Granny Huo likes it or not and assuming is exactly the same floor plan we have."

"Well, let's find out if it is, shall we?" Pangzi said as he moved toward the sculpture of the Qilin in the middle of the small room closely follow by his friends. This room was much smaller than the first one, which didn't surprise Wu Xie as in the floor plan he had in his hands, he could see the difference in sizes in each room.

"Alright, so... we follow the direction of the Qilin, like we did before?" Pangzi asked as he put his hands over the sculpture.

"The Qilin is facing the living door, so yes. In Qimen Dunjia the northeast indicates the location of the living door." Wu Xie answer.

"It was the same in the Queen Mother's palace... same old trick, with just a different setting. Let's go." Pangzi said and they headed to the door they had identify as the correct one and walked around the narrow passage until a door closed behind them quite suddenly, making them look back in surprise.

"Hey, what was that?" Pangzi asked.

"I don't know, maybe we are not getting the option to go back in our tracks."

"That's creepy."

"It's not creepy, but dangerous. If we go the wrong way, we will get trapped."

"Well, there is really no turning back, so let's keep it up." Pangzi said and they moved ahead through the small passage made by rusty chain link fences, but as they keep moving ahead, the fence doors will keep closing on their own once crossed, which was on itself unsettling.

"They keep closing... why do I have the feeling that moving around is not as easy as it looks."

"You are right. I wonder just what that old woman is trying to do..."

"Nothing good for sure... but it's kind of strange that as we advance, we seems to be getting trapped instead of going out as we were supposed to while keeping up the right way toward the living gate. Did we get it wrong?" Pangzi asked and Wu Xie looked around for a moment.

"Let's go just a little bit further and see if it's happen again." Wu Xie said and this time he took the lead around as they walked, however, what came next what not a door closing behind them, but in front.