Bad Luck Part One

A little Tease Before The Sadness

Hei Xiazi was laying by Xiao Hua's side as he had done ever since they started the journey together, simply resting instead of sleeping, when he notice Mop recollecting food from others backpack's while they sleep, most probably to run away on his own. That alone was laughable, because how could he manage to get away from the tunnels infected with deadly snakes alone? He guesses that the man was really an idiot to his core, aside from been a scaredy cat of epic proportions.

Having the advantage of wearing sunglasses, he could watch the man without Mop noticing his eyes where fully open. Xiazi even whisper Mop's name as he turned away, but Xiao Hua, who was also not really sleeping, quiet him, giving him a hush 'let's settle it out there' that make Xiazi smile. Yeah, it was time to have some fun and after letting Mop walk ahead for a bit, both of them go after him, with Xiazi taking a little shortcut to intercept Mop first.

The first thing he did was to take out one of those baby snakes that Yaba Zhang threw away from Wu Xie's back and he discretely take and hide on one of his pockets to tease this very man that was getting on his nerves from time to time. Then when Mop came into view, he show it to him, making him yell like the coward man he was.

"Snake!!!!" Mop shouted with everything he got and was about to run back to the camp when Xiao Hua intercept him shortly after.

"Mop... where did you wanted to go, if this little thing scares you to death?" Xiazi asked.

"I... I just don't want to die... and this is getting more dangerous by the minute... Mr. Black, Master Hua...please spare me!!!" Mop begged on his knees.

"Alright then... you want us to spare you, but you go ahead and backstab us all the time, then steal food from your own crew, then left as if nothing happen. Now let me ask you a question, what can you possibly do on your own, when it's already crazy in here with soooooo many snakes that can kill you at any time? Are you some kind of superhero we don't know off? Do you even have Qilin's blood for that matter? There are far more things than scary snakes out there. What about corpse eating bugs? Can you handle them too all on your own? I think that's certain death for you." Xiazi asked, already having fun in scaring the man even more.

"Oh, no, no, no...." Mop whimper.

"You know what, Master Hua, what about a little bet between us. It's been a while since we had one." Xiazi said to Xiao Hua, who smirked back.

"Alright, go ahead." He said.

"Wonderful, so... I bet ten thousands on this man not reaching a kilometer before he gets kill by a bunch of snakes." Xiazi mocked, as Mop tremble quite terrify and Xiao Hua smiled wildly in turn.

"Are you serious? That's an easy win. I bet twenty thousand for just five hundred meters at best." Xiao Hua teased back, enjoying the playfulness after so many hardships on that trip.

"Ah, damn it... you are probably right. I got my hopes too high for this one. He is so easy to get ambush... and the snakes even call his name, so he is definitely on demand among them. Oh, well... what is done is done, right?" He asked Xiao Hua, which looked very pleased with scaring the man.

"Yep, no backing down." Xiao Hua assure him and Xiazi came closer to pass an arm around Xiao Hua's shoulder, happy that he didn't pull it away.

"Then... you there Mop. Please make me a favor for saving your sight before and make sure to stay alive for a kilometer. If you need a good knife, I can certainly sell it to you at a very good price. All for your survival... go on... off you go." Xiazi urged Mop. who tremble even more.