Going Down

Wu Xie

With the help of Mop's team, they lifted the stone door that revealed another passage with a long tunnel submerged in darkness. Pangzi lay down over his stomach and have a look to the new tunnel underground, illuminating as far as he could with his flashlight.

"It's an underground chamber for what I can see from here." Pangzi said as he stood back.

"Then, we must be getting closer to the Queen Mother's Palace right?" Mop asked, as he imagine all kinds of treasures he could loot in his mind.

"Don't get smart now, I bet you only want the treasure." Pangzi added.

"Well, who don't?" He asked back.

"Alright then, since you are so eager to have treasures, go in first, but be aware that it may be full of booby-traps, so make sure not to put us in danger along with you. Oh and remember to notify the government of what you found, got it?" Pangzi added and Wu Xie simply threw a rope inside the hole, not having the patience for small bickering.

"I'm going in." Wu Xie announced and was going to jump inside when Xiaoge stop him.

"I will go." He whisper to Wu Xie and jumped inside the hole before Wu Xie could stop him. In the state Wu Xie was in right now, he was bound to put himself into mortal danger, so he better make sure to clean the way for him if he found any kind of traps along the way, because he was not risking Wu Xie's life if he could prevent it.

Thus, Qiling walked a short distance inside the tunnel that leaded into a bigger chamber, finding nothing out of ordinary as he explored, so he signal for Wu Xie to go down next. Which he did along with Pangzi and Pan Zi, whose primordial task on that trip was to keep Wu Xie safe. That was what Wu San Xing had ask him to do and he was going to keep it that way. He may had been deceived by Xie Lian Huan as well as the rest of the Wu and Xie family, but Wu Xie was his responsibility nevertheless.

"Boss... they are all gone, what do we do now? Find Master San or go after them?" One of Mop's men asked.

"I say we follow them. Master Hua'er is around, so Wu San Xing should be fine with him and Black, but we can't said the same by standing here on our own. Also, there is bound to be a treasure down there too." Mop said.

"As expected from you, Boss, then down we go." The man said.

"Wait, you go back to Master San and tell him we are going down with Master Xie's team."

"Wha... why me?" The man protested, but with a glance from Mop, he turned and leaved them behind. Then Mop asked for another of his team members to go down to check if everything was fine and then he jumped as well to join Wu Xie's team, a short distance away.

"Master Wu Xie, we came down too, wait for us!!!" Mop yelled and Wu Xie stopped in his track to meet the man.

"Hey, why are you here too? You were supposed to look after Master San." Pangzi asked a bit annoyed.

"Master San is in good hands with both some of my team members and Master Hua'er. You can certainly count on them." Mop said eagerly.

"Then let's go." Wu Xie said as he focus back on the path. This time, the initial tunnel became wider as they walked, until they found a huge round chamber that was also a dead end, but they finally seems to be making progress, as they saw several jade servants standing guard in the chamber and also a round stone table that indicates there was some activity there. Finally, they were inside the Queen Mother's Palace at some point.

"Now we are finally talking business... there are even relics in this chamber, but I can honestly do with less jade servants." Pangzi said loudly.

"What's a jade servant?" Mop asked while confused.