Surviving The Zhang's Tests

Zhang Qiling

Just as they expected, the miluotuo came from their jade cages in big numbers and Zhang Qiling took out his new sword in order to protect the ones with him. Wu Xie was there, just a step behind him with his own dagger in hand, to help him with the task, the same as Pangzi. Thus they lose no time in fighting the Zhang's servants and Wu Xie yelled at the others of to where to strike to kill the snakes controlling them.

Xiu Xiu proved to be quite good at taking down the miluotuo that came her way, as expected of the family that had a replica of the Zhang's old pavilion as a training ground. She was not at Zhang Qiling's or Xiao Hua's level, but she certainly was better than Wu Xie and Pangzi, which make their fight a bit easier than when they were down in that cursed cave, half starving and in their weakest state.

Xiaoge still didn't took chances anyways, because he was at his best this time around and with a proper weapon at hand that had been gifted by his lover, so he took down most of the miluotuo in a rush, to prevent any more deaths and to keep Wu Xie safe. The fight didn't last too long on that first round, but the three of them new that it was a matter of time before the next wave came to them and probably in greater numbers.

"We need to keep up while we can. We are far from been safe in this miluotuo maze! I will use the alkali to open the pathway, just guard my back until an opening it's done..." Wu Xie started, just before Xiaoge stop him from taking the tank of one of the dead men.

"You are not using it." Xiaoge told him with a commanding voice that usually leave no room to argue under a hard gaze.

"We need to get going. This group is big and our combined body heat will keep the milutuo on our toes. I promise to be careful Xiaoge..." Still Wu Xie insisted.

"That's admirable of you Tianzhen, but still, no can do. Xiaoge will not have it, even if you want it and you know it. I will do it, stay back..." Pangzi offer next.

"Hum, guys... I will do it... I already have the protective suit..." Another of Huo's man suggested as he came forward.

"The trap is still there... we can't proceed the same way..." Wu Xie

"Actually, just one bit at the time may not trigger a bigger reaction. Most of it should be gone by now." Xiu Xiu said as she came closer to the wall.

"That may work, Tianzhen." Pangzi insisted and Wu Xie looked at the man intensely. He disliked sacrifices, but the man actually smiled at him.

"You are kind Master Wu, but we all agree to take the risks... step back, I will just use a little bit at a time." The man said as he moved closer to the wall and waited until everyone was at as safe distance to put on back the mask and use the alkali on the jade stone.

Just one bit didn't make any reaction, so he keep up spraying in short quantities, although repeatedly until the jade amber break apart for good and they could safely cross to the other side of the pathway.

"You know, my Grandma was right... you are really good for group morale." Xiu Xiu said to Wu Xie as they walked in a single line in the narrow corridor to the next big chamber.

"I wasn't joking when I said I will do it." Wu Xie said, which make Zhang Qiling tense before him, clearly hearing his lover confession which he already knew, yet have the confirmation right after.

"No one doubt you, Wu Xie Gege... but the men like you precisely for your care." Xiu Xiu pointed.

"That should be a given for everyone." Wu Xie said.

"Which is why you are naïve... please Xiu Xiu, make him see the light of the cruel world of tomb raiding and be the head of a Nine family." Pangzi teased.