Shameless Saving

Xiao Hua

After he took care of all the fungus growing on his lovers and he dressed back, Xiao Hua decided to take a breather until the ventilator was there. Thus both of them sit at the entrance of the hole to watch the magnificent view from where they sat. It was already down, so the sky was beginning to tint orange and the breeze was nice.

"Want some snacks? We have been working in this the whole day, so I know you are tired." Xiazi offer his Master Hua a wooden box of noodles, his favorite flavor, he always carry for such travels.

"I'm not really hungry."

"Xiao Hua, I assure you our task is not going to get any easier from here on and there is still a monster lose down there, not to mention what else this place have in store for intruders. You need to eat something to keep your strength and don't forget you are still injured."

"Will you make it, then?"

"Of course. We can consider this as a date."

"Seriously... what about this hellish place can be consider an ideal place to date?"

"You are here and so am I, so why not?"

"I guess... go on then." Xiao Hua said and Xiazi stood and grabbed the rope that leaded to his nest tent to look for the portable stove he got for hot meals. He already had a few bottles of water and the rest of what he need to cook them a nice noodle meal in no time at all.

Eating in silence with Xiazi was impossible, so they chat as they eat and rested until two things came their way. One was the ventilator and the other, some pictures of the Banai team, with the Iron Triangle posing happily to the camera, or at least Pangzi was, because Wu Xie looked annoyed and Zhang Qilin, like he didn't want to pose at all.

Apparently, they had successfully get to their first lock door in Banai, so they really needed to work harder to make their wait as short as possible. They all knew that Banai was far more dangerous than their single monster so far or live fungus.

Panzi joined them as soon as the ventilator was up and working and they went back to the first chamber where now the air was clearer and Xiazi turned to be quite knowledgeable about the things they should be looking for and to how to do it. At the end, they decided to go down again and try to get the answers to the puzzle from the source.

They used water over the iron lid to get access again and reset the mechanism, so they can start working on the puzzle as it should. However, there was one thing on their way, and that was the tunnel that leaded to the mechanism. This one also had lots of pots on the ground, while stones were hanging from above, ready to crash on the pots that they were sure were filled with nothing good.

"So... who goes?" Panzi asked as he looked at the tunnel.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" Xiazi asked back as he looked at Xiao Hua.

"I will go... the problem is how to." Xiao Hua offer, although as he look at the narrow space, he didn't see how he could cross to the other side.

Previously, the walls in the last tunnels have holes you could grab and jump, but this one had none and the pot were securely pasted to the floor, not to mention there was not enough space to place a foot in between rows and the clay thin enough to break if he put all his weight on them.

"The Zhang's really didn't like outsiders..." Xiao Hua said as he sighed.

"That's understandable. If you are hiding something important, no effort is wasted to protect it." Panzi said.

"That's true, but there are some keepers that are more heartless than others. The Zhang's are proving to be at the top of that list. They haven't even treat well their own members." Xiazi added, which make Panzi nod in agreement.