Finding A Gift

Xiao Hua

Just like Xiazi had predicted the night before, Wu Xie was indeed quite mad with him the next morning and was pretty much sulking at the moment where he was trying to pacify his cousin about his attempt to separate him from Zhang Qiling, even if it was just out of care for his own safety.

"Wu Xie, I told you, I am not plotting against you, I just..."

"Don't lie to me, you betray me before and now you want me to part with Xiaoge."

"I didn't betray you, I was trying to help you and about Xiaoge, going to the Zhang's Pavilion is no walk in the park, is going to be very dangerous, more so than what you have faced before. I just want to keep you safe."

"I can make my own choices."

"And those choices always end in you getting hurt along the way."

"I am no coward."

"I never said you were, but you have to admit you are a danger magnet no matter where you go."

"That's a low blow Xiao Hua... I can't believe you actually said it now of all times."

"It may be rude to say it, but is no less true. All I want is for you to be safe, as your cousin and as your friend, your safety matters to me more than you think..."

"If I am such a danger magnet, then no matter where I go, I will be in danger with or without Xiaoge by my side. I am thankful for your care Xiao Hua and it's something I treasure deeply, but is no kindness to keep me away at any sign of danger. What kind of Iron Triangle are we, if one of the angles is constantly gone for his own good? The three of us have different kinds of strength and when they combined, is when we become like iron."

"Xiaoge don't trust Fairy Huo and neither do I, she had her own agenda, her heart set on her personal revenge that can end in betrayal at any moment if she happens to find what she is looking for in the Zhang's Pavilion. I know that both Xiaoge and Pangzi can take care of themselves, but only I can see through her schemes, like I did before and if it comes to the worse that can possible happens, at the very least I will have no regrets to be sharing my fate with my lover and best friend by my side."

"I wonder what would you had wanted if you were on my place? What if Xiazi were to be in danger while you are away and could do nothing to stop it because of it? Will you then be glad that you were left behind? Will you endure the pain of seen him gone, perhaps for good, will you endure the regret that will consume your soul afterwards until there is nothing left to live for? Will you not move heaven and earth to try rescue him, even if it means to put yourself at risk for his sake?" Wu Xie asked Xiao Hua, as his past sorrow surface into his eyes...

Xiao Hua could see Wu Xie's heart open to all of them to see his suffering, to have a glimpse of what he had already experience in the past a wanted to prevent for his future. Wu Xie could truly not do without Zhang Qiling, of that, Xiao Hua was sure and even if Wu Xie remained safe, his heart will still be equally wounded if something happens to Zhang Qiling while he was away. Wu Xie was never goin to give up on Xiaoge no matter what the future had in store for them and Xiao Hua really couldn't blame him.

Oh, he could see how right Xiazi had said it, his cousin was not weak, because he really understood the emotions of the heart... which was his strongest weapon and biggest asset at the same time. Him, been naïve was no coincidence, it was the way the Wu's had decided to end an unknown war for them, because who could refuse a pure heart? Who could resist true kindness? Who could counter such emotional intensity? Certainly not Zhang Qiling, which looked lost into Wu Xie's strong emotions... and to be honest with himself, so was he.