Waiting For You

Zhang Qiling

As soon as Zhang Qiling enter the meteor and headed up, while Wu Xie screamed his name, the pain on his head flared up ten times stronger than before, as well as the pain of letting go of Wu Xie. He was sure now that something wrong was going to happen there and that he may lose his memories yet again. He was not sure how he knew it, but he was sure that the pain on his head was related to it and perhaps the effects of whatever force was inside that place as well.

At the top of the stairs, he stop and looked around the semidarkness to get his bearing, trying to bypass the increasing pain on his head, but then, some flashes of memories assaulted his mind and he gasped in more pain as they come and went. He had been there indeed and there was something or perhaps someone who was waiting for him somewhere inside that place. For what and was it, he couldn't tell just yet.

He waited a few moments  for the flashed to receded and follow the greenish light that shine coming from somewhere in the distance. Chen Wenjin was nowhere on sight so far and Qiling then walked ahead, finding that the meteor on the entrance was only a shell and that it was an entrance to another bigger cave that ends on a sudden cliff, quite similar to the one in the Changbai Mountain, which also had a huge pagoda in the center of the plain bellow, from where the green shine originated. The real throne of the Queen Mother.

Perhaps that was where Chen Wenjin had went, as he could see a rope tied to a rock that leaded all the way down the cliff and use it to go down as well, despite the pain that keep increasing as he slide down the rope. At the end of it, Qiling notice that there was something written in the face of the cliff and as he illuminate it with his torch, he found out that the engraving had been done by him, with his usual mark, but there was also a message that apparently he had left behind, which was unusual for him.

Pangzi had recently complained to him that his marks were pretty much useless if he didn't know the meaning, so that he actually write something else was completely knew to him and perhaps it was a warning done who knows how long ago, as he had no idea on how far in his past he had been there of if he had go there more than once. The characters were written in haste and as follow...

Side effects

Zhang blood

Memories

Wang Family

Bronze Door

Guard

Mystic Nine

Chosen Wu Xie

At that last one, Zhang Qiling's blood went cold and his pain increased to a point he thought his head was going to split in half, as more memories from his past assaulted him. They were far in his past, very far, to the time of the Mystic Nine in their full glory... to and old promise unfulfilled, to a man he could not clearly see, yet his voice was really familiar, telling him that he will be saved by someone he will come to love in the future.

"Not Wu Xie..." Xioage whisper to himself as fear assaulted his heart. There was an equally old war been fought and he had fought it on his own for a very long time. The promise was for him to have some rest... but they never came... never honor their words... then a kid was going to be chosen... to end the war... to free him... he was to be trained to be the same as the man with the voice that sounded familiar... but as it sounded like in a huge room that echos and is half lost, he could not recognize fully. Yet, there was the chance it was...

"No... not him..." Xiaoge said as he fall on his knees and grabbed his throbbing head in hope for some relief, but none came, then, when the pain was too much to bare and he lay down on the ground sure that he was going to lose it, he hear steps coming closer.