Banai

Wu Xie

Pangzi had come back a few hours before nightfall and told them about the arranges he had made for their travel to Banai. It turns out that he had contact someone in the village and told him he was an investor for tourism and wanted to see if the village had the potential to be develop into a more rural resort area.

The man had offer all three of them a place to stay at a reasonable price and all the assistance they may need while they stayed in the village. Wu Xie laughed, but admire the way Pangzi got things done, even when it was nothing more than lies. At least he was impressive enough to have things done in record time and with the support of the locals no less.

The next day they left early and were on their way to Banai and arrived just a bit before nightfall. Once in the village, they were escorted by the man that Pangzi had make arrangement with. He was a lively old man called Yun Gui that liked to talk. He obviously truly wanted for the area to develop into a tourist spot, so he was eager to get into their good side. He even offer to carry their backpacks, but Wu Xie refused, making sure Pangzi refused as well.

They walked over a bamboo bridge that was honestly in need to be fixed, but they had be and seen far worse than a small bridge that didn't have much high. Wu Xie gave Xioage a glance from time to time, just to see if he had any sign of remembering been there, but his expression was as unreadable as always.

Mr. Gui then guide them to his residence, which was bigger than they had expected and looked welcoming, well-kept and quite big. It was not a modern house, but it was a good place to stay.

"Well, gentlemen, this is my house. What do you think? Good enough for tourists? It can accommodate not only the three of you, but thirty people if needed." Mr. Gui said and Pangzi gave the house a good look.

"This is a great place, ideal for retirement. Not everyone likes the noise of the big cities, so this is a good alternative for a quiet and relaxed time away from it. I said it's ideal for investment." Pangzi concluded and Wu Xie almost rolled his eyes. Such a good liar...

"Mr. Fatty, you got it right, I assure you. We have been having some tourist from time to time, so we discussed about it and agree that if someone is willing to invest, we can renovate the village and start a tourist business. So we had been waiting for discerning investor like you for a long time." Mr. Gui confessed and Wu Xie smiled slightly. No wonder Pangzi could make last minute arrangement so easily.

"Of course... however I will still have to give it a good look and see if it can be develop properly. Also we will need to see other places in the village that could be of interest for tourist, but this place first, of course." Pangzi said with that convincing business mode of his and as Mr. Gui agree to show them in, Wu Xie smirked, then look at Xioage.

"He is a smooth talker... and a good liar too." Wu Xie said and Xioage assented in agreement before they follow Pangzi inside the house. Mr. Gui shows them around and assigned them two rooms, as per Pangzi request, one for Xioage and him and the other all to himself. If they were inside a tomb or camping out, they would had share the same space, but Pangzi had insisted that he was not going to spend the night in the same room with two newly wed gay couple, not matter how much he likes them.

Wu Xie had blushed and thought it wasn't really necessary for Pangzi to pay for an extra room, because Xioage and him where not bold enough to have intimacy while in an unknown place and surrounded by unknown people. He knew for sure that Xioage will keep his guard up at all times, instead of undressing Wu Xie to have a hot night sex. It was not like they do it when Pangzi came home last night, anyways.

Regardless of that, Mr. Gui offer them something to drink, as they waited for the dinner to be served in full and Wu Xie used the chance to give the old man the address Mr. Chu had write for him. They had go there to find clues about Xioage's past and not for sightseeing or despite Pangzi's opinion nor on honeymoon either.