Cliff Hazards

Wu Xie

"Pangzi, be careful on each step you give... we don't know what kind of traps may be hidden in that bridge or at the other side." Wu Xie said to his friend, as he help him with the harness and ropes they will use, just in case the bridge fall off halfway or something else happen.

"Tianzhen, your concern is touching, but I am the great Pangye... the best tomb raider after Xiaoge. A bridge its nothing for me, so stay here and let me show you how this is done by professionals." Pangzi said as Wu Xie roll his eyes.

"Then be on your way Oh great Mojin and I will do you the honor by light you a candle as you cross." Wu Xie teased, making Xiaoge smirk.

"Hey! Don't you dare to do such old fashion thing! Fire means danger here." Pangzi protest.

"Everything means danger here Pangzi, now off you go and make us proud of your professionalism." Wu Xie insisted as he slightly pushed the man toward the bridge.

"No need to push me, I'm going..."

"Then go. Xiaoge and I will make sure to hold on your rope."

"Hum... Mr. Wu... please hold on to ours too... we don't want to die either." One of Hendry's men asked almost pleadingly and Wu Xie sighed.

"There is no need to ask for it, all three of you will be secured, just in case something goes wrong... Xiaoge will take Pangzi's, Lao Gao will hold into his teammate rope, while I will hold into Xiu Xiu's man. If anything happen, just hold on tight to your ropes and jump and we will pull you up as fast as we can." Wu Xie reassured the man, which looked quite relieved.

"Thank you... thank you... thank you..." The man said, making Xiu Xiu annoyed.

"Hey, enough of that, it's not that I am heartless! I don't want anyone to die either, so go on already. We got your backs." Xiu Xiu yelled and Pangzi winked at her.

"She is hot when mad..." Pangzi whisper to Wu Xie.

"You pervert, I hear that!" Xiu Xiu said and Pangzi laughed as he got to the border of the bridge along with the two others who shared his same fate.

"Here goes nothing! You guys, stay a step behind me and only step in where I do, got it?" Pangzi instructed and the men assented in understanding. Then they started the slow walk over the wood bridge.

Pangzi couldn't help himself but look down to the endless abyss bellow him, but only could see darkness. Curiously, he wanted to know just how far down they will fall if they got unlucky enough to go down with gravity and throw a glowing stick. To his dread, he look it fall and fall until the small light was lost into the darkness that seems to have no end.

"That's a very long fall..." Pangzi whisper as he touched his chest over his heart and the two others behind him grab into their supporting ropes even tighter.

"Let's not fall..." Xiu Xiu's man whisper.

"I can see there is a door in the other side." Pangzi told them as he lighted the wall at the end of the bridge.

"Our map is accurate... we got to great pains to map the mountain as far as we could."

"Then the pathway must be behind the door?" Asked Xiu Xiu's man.

"Not necessarily. Like all tombs, not everything is like it seems and the Zhang's seems to be trickier than the average tomb makers. They don't belong to a Dynasty, but they sure had done their fair work to guard whatever they thought was worth keeping."

"What do you think the Zhang's are keeping? Our boss Cox Hendry had been trying to find their secrets for years."

"Who knows? It's not like our Xiaoge remembers anything from his own inheritance."