The Bronze Gate

Xiao Hua

Initially, they had planned to go looking for Wu Xie together with Pan Zi and Wu San Xing's men, in order to have a better chance of finding him on a safer route to reach them, but given the unexpected circumstances, Xiao Hua and Xiazi were forced to leave Pan Zi and the others behind and hope for the best. However, as fate turned out to be hard to shake, they still found Pan Zi lost in the woods as they walked towards the hidden entrance that only Slope-shoulder knew about.

Of course, his presence was more than welcome, even if Slope-shoulder was against guiding anyone else into the Zhang's secrets, but since it was well known that Pan Zi was Wu San Xing's right-hand man, there was no way Xiao Hua would leave the man wandering alone, much less with a potential killer hot on his heels. Everyone knew what Slope-shoulder was capable of, especially if it involved revealing to outsiders the things he wanted to keep secret. 

In truth, Xiazi was determined to keep the man in his sight at all times, no matter for how long that end up be. He didn't need much sleep to be at his best and in the darkness he was in his element, ready to act in any desperate situation, including saving his lover from an unexpected murder attempt while they rest and also Pan Zi if needed, even when he was sure that Pan Zi was going to keep an eye on the man as much as he will.

As they walked towards a new route, well hidden by the tall grass on the other side of the mountains, Xiazi made sure to start a conversation to prevent Slope-shoulder from asking Xiao Hua questions that he couldn't answer, even if Pan Zi I was there to back him up. Of course, that bothered the man more than it did Xiao Hua, who in the end told him to just shut up, so that they could have some peace as they walked towards the mountain... that is, he had achieved what he needed, since they entered the mountain, hours later, walking into a narrow crevice between the rock walls also hidden by tall grass.

The path was narrow and dark for most of what seemed like an hour deep, but then it widened until it became a cavern where they could hear water rushing in an underground river which they followed for a few more hours, until they stopped to get some rest and eat something. It was a good thing that Xiazi always had his backpack on hand, so at least they wouldn't starve for a couple of days while they hurriedly left their tents. However, been himself, he offer his food at first for a price, a discount price.

"Wu San Xing, how come you hire such a expensive jerk that don't even give you food for free?" Slope-shoulder asked as he stared at Xiazi.

"He is useful in times of need as a rare talent in tomb raiding, only outshined by Zhang Qiling himself." Xiazi answer as he eat the noodles he buy from Xiazi.

"The Zhang Qiling you all seems to know is nothing else but a fantasy." The man said as he too eat his noodles.

"Xiaoge is not fake. He is the greatest explorer the tomb raiding community have. We all know that." Pan Zi defend Xiaoge's honor in his absence and Slope-shoulder.

"You are all blind. Wu San Xing, you said you want to find your nephew and bring him back alive if he is still hanging in there, right? But for what are you going to bring the boy back? To take your place? Because, if that is your drive, you can forget about it. The boy is head over heels for this Zhang Qiling of yours... and that will not end well, I assure you that much." The man said.

"My nephew is already hard to deal with as it is, we spoiled him too much. Once he set his mind into do something, there is nothing to stop him... trust me, I have tried to keep him out of tomb bussiness in my last adventure, but failed big time. So, is our plus that he had someone looking after him in our place. to keep him as safer as he can be under the circumstances of or families problems."