Were You Belong

Xiao Hua

Going down the stairs, the Master of the Xie family felt a bit deflated with having to go back home pretty much empty handed. Perhaps the real treasures and secrets were hidden inside the meteor, but as Hei Xiazi insistence, maybe the effort to find that he was looking for inside was not really worth the trouble. The man in glasses also seems to have a few mysteries under his belt and he trusted his judgment, given that those same mysteries were also something he knew far better than him.

Xiazi look at him with a warmly smile pasted on his tempting lips , as he probably felt his disappointment and Xiao Hua couldn't help himself but to smile back at him. Yeah, he may had not gain much out of that hellish place, but at least he was not going home with his hands fully empty, as he was sure that Hei Xiazi was going to shadow him for pretty much a good part of his life and offer him more than he may need at this point.

Regardless of what he was sure will happen between them once back to civilization, the fact of him bringing home something other than loses was a plus on his favor, not to mention he had found his lost uncle as well. Wu Xie by the other hand had lost quite a lot in that journey and is yet to see what will happen with Zhang Qiling inside the meteor and if he ends up really going back to him.

"Don't worry, Yaba Zhang is not meant to stay here. The young Master Wu will have him back in no time." Xiazi reassure both Xiao Hua and Pan Zi.

"Then let's go back to Xie Lian Huan and get back home. We had wasted too much time here already." Xiao Hua said and they went on their way, while leaving marks for Wu Xie and Pangzi to follow, once Zhang Qiling comes back to them.

What they didn't expected, thought, was to find Xie Lian Huan gone for good. They looked around for a while, trying to see if he had gone ahead on his own, after resting or something else had happed, but found no signs of his whereabouts at all.

"Could had he been taken by the snakes?" Xiao Hua asked as he moved around in desperate search.

"I don't think so. Master San had survived far worse than snakes and leave to tell the tale." Pan Zi said, hoping that his was the case as well and that his Master had go ahead for some unknown reason and not had fall to be the prey of some snakes.

"He is right. Master San... I mean, Xie Lian is very cunning. He will not meet his end in a place like this and as long as we don't find a body, we can presume he is still alive." Xiazi reassure him as well.

"I agree. We should keep moving. Perhaps he went ahead and is waiting for us to catch up with him at some point." Pan Zi added and Xiazi take the chance to guide his beloved Master Hua ahead, giving him no chance to look back or stay behind like Wu Xie did.

Pangzi

The waiting became hard to take, even after betting all kinds of things for the first few hours and at the end they just sat on the ground and waited. Pangzi had a personal grudge against a falling drop, so he collect it on a bottle.

"Tianzhen... I will be serious now... once this bottle filled... we will need to go." Pangzi said and Wu Xie looked at the bottle like it was cursed, but he understood Pangzi's request. It was a fair one for him and it was not like they could stay there waiting forever, even if he wanted to.

"Alright..." Wu Xie whisper and looked up once again, hoping that Xiaoge will go back before their time runs out.

They waited in silence for a while, only hearing the drop falling into the bottle, which at some point lullaby Wu Xie into a sleep, who was already mentally exhausted. He had keep his fears burry inside his chest as the hours passed and Xiaoge remained inside the meteor.