Going Back Home

HeiHua Version

Hei Xiazi

After a few days of traveling back from the basin to the desert and then leaving Pan Zi to look for Wu Xie, they had headed back to the city, glad that the nightmare was finally over. Xiao Hua had promise Xiazi a dinner, but Xiazi was too tired for fancy restaurants he didn't seem to fit on them, so they end up on a street stand, eating some ribs and bone soup.

It was a cheerful place, covered with blinking falling small lights most like those used for Christmas and little colorful flags that give the feeling of some privacy, even when it was an open space by a street. Xiao Hua was busying himself with roasting the ribs they had order and marinate them to his liking. For the smell of it, he was doing an excellent job of making their food taste like heaven after who knows how many days of starving in the desert and it was making his mouth water in the anticipation of tasting Xiao Hua's personal cooking.

Mop had insisted on eating along with them, to thank them for not leaving him to die in the desert, as at some point they had to drag him for miles before Madam Dolma found them. He offered to pay for the meal, but both Xiao Hua and he had refused, because they had a personal 'business' to settle and the idiot had buy the lie without batting an eye.

"Mmn, this is good... it taste like heaven." Xiazi said to Xiao Hua after he was offer one roasted rib.

"We starved for a while, anything will taste good after that." Xiao Hua dismissed himself, although he was in a very good sprit at the moment.

"No, not everything and it taste this good because it was you who cook it for me." Xiazi said bluntly.

"I did owe it to you." Xiao Hua whisper.

"I refused your offer back then."

"Still I owe you nevertheless."

"You are such a man of honor... do we have wine somewhere? I will love to have a toast with you." Xiazi said in between bites.

"Hum, I did buy some along with everything else... have a taste..." Xiao Hua said as he poured the wine into the two glasses he had asked along with the food, but then...

"I got some more for you guys... it's my treat... I'm so thankful of both of you for not leaving me behind. Also for Master Shades for healing my eyes..." Mop said with almost shining eyes and Xiao Hua smiled, remembering that particular teasing.

"Oh, right... I did save your sight, but then you try to stab in the back..." Xiazi follow suit, giving Xiao Hua a wink to do the same. The man was just too easy to tease and they were out of dangers now.

"No, no, no, no... Master Shades that was only a misunderstanding. I will do anything to repay your kindness." Mop fall into the trap all on his own will. Xiazi smiled wildly.

"Seriously? Then what about buying us a pair of flight thickets back to Beijing? Master Hua needs to go back to the Xie family and I need some rest before taking the next job." At that Xioa Hua looked at Xiazi seriously, while his heart freeze for a second at the thought of parting ways so soon.

"Had someone make you an offer already?" Xioa Hua asked, no longer with the same cheering tone he used earlier.

"Yes... but this journey really took a toll on me, so I can spare a few days for rest, maybe three or four days."

"Then what about joining me investigating the yellow silk?" Xiao Hua suggested quite hopefully that Xiazi could accept his offer instead of another.

"Well... I can do both things at the same time. My next job may allow me to give you a hand with your investigation from the outside and I can earn my living at the same time I give you a hand." Xiazi said as he munched his rib with gusto.