The Real Zhang Qiling

Xiao Hua

"Xiazi!! Xiazi!!!" Xiao Hua yelled, as he watched in horror of how his lover went down along with the thing that had attacked them before. Instinctively, he gave a few step forward to go and help Xiazi, but he had just crossed to the other side and in front of him were still rows of dangerous pots that if broken will only endanger Panzi and him as well.

"Don't move Master Hua! Master Xiazi have his fight under control! He will come back in no time! Tied the rope from the other side and I will cross to help you!" Panzi yelled in a hurry, to prevent Xiao Hua from committing a mistake he will never do normally, out of desperation for his love one.

Xiao Hua, of course wasted no time in tie the rope into a secure place to let Panzi cross safely. Although he hated to let his man on his own, Panzi was right. He knew how capable Xiazi was and he trusted he will deal with the thing and then come back to them when he was done with it. Until then, he could only unravel the secrets of the mechanism behind the reliefs that were the key to open the doors of the Zhang's, so Wu Xie and his group could move forward to their next challenge and the faster he did that, the better.

Therefore, once Panzi crossed, they examine the mechanism that controlled the traps of the upper floor. He had raid quite a few deal of tombs before, so he was not inexperience in things like he was looking at. Panzi also had his own share with Wu San Xing, thus between the both of them, came to a conclusion of how the mechanism with the chains worked.

"It's a crypto module made of bronze. I have to said that the Zhang's love bronze way too much." Xiao Hua said as he looked at the huge ball in front of him.

"It's a durable material, quite safe and sturdy to hold for centuries."

"Yeah... but also deadly. The bronze bell formations are unmistakably one of the most dangerous out there." Xiao Hua said.

"Agree."

"Which take us to the point of why this module is so far from Banai, yet is connected to it from start to finish. As long as the Zhang's keep the control of this mechanism and the way it works, regardless of their place of staying, they will have the key to their safe places no matter how much time passes. Close to here or far away, the key will remain the same and future generations of Zhang's can come here and find the answers." Xiao Hua added.

"A shame Xiaoge doesn't remember any of this and this place was left for anyone to explore freely."

"It may look like that, but this is not exactly an unguarded place. It most have its tricks and the Zhang's will never be easy to decode, so we must be very careful with this thing."

"So..."

"As we thought before, the chains unlock the keys... do it right and you will be rewarded in the upper floor, do it wrong and either you die or the ones in Banai does."

"We only need to find out the right code."

"Exactly. For what I can see, the chains are dived in five for each relief, which means it's a five number lock and around 120 passwords in total."

"That's a lot." Panzi sighed.

"Don't worry, we can number the chains, then separate the ones who works from the ones who doesn't and then change the sequence until all five click in place. It make take a while, but it will work eventually." Xiao Hua suggested.

"Then, let's start the sequence. I will move them and tell you which ones works and you will tell me how to proceed next." Panzi offer and Xiao Hua took out a notebook and a pen from his backpack.

"Deal... let's do this as fast as we can. Wu Xie is waiting for this in a dangerous place and I am a bit worry as to why Hei Xiazi haven't show up yet."