The Zhang's Pavilion

Xiao Hua

Everything was a disaster since Xiao Hua put his uncle's face on his, to save Wu Xie from the womb of the mountain where they suppose he was. The first step had been to try to contact Wu San Xing's people, tricking them into thinking he had returned, while he put his lair in order and they have to work hard on that. They needed to secure Pan Zi's position, leaving no room for others to try to act on their own, for when Wu San Xing disappears again after rescuing Wu Xie.

Even so, Xiao Hua knew well how Wu San Xing acted and did things at home. He was ruthless and unforgiving when he had to be and he himself was no stranger to such things with his own family, so passing off as an angry Wu San Xing and clearing the house of rotten apples was not much of a problem for his years of life experience as head of one of the Nine Families. Therefore, his actions will give Wu Xie space to contact Wu San Xing's people when the time comes, as well as put Pan Zi in charge of everything until Wu Xie is ready to take over, if he ever did.

He then gathered the people who had volunteered, and Pan Zi trusted them to some extent, to help him get Wu Xie back, but when they arrived in Banai, soon after they left, they found that things were not as simple as they seemed. Those who had stayed in the camp near the lake had been met with attacks by wild animals out of nowhere and there were some strange monster sounds and lights coming from the lake at night, that were scaring enough to frighten some workers who left the camp in a hurry in one of those nights.

The locals started to rumor that the mountains were hunted by lake demons that were released by the many strangers that visit the town in the past weeks, which mean that Xiazi was leading their way to the lake this time around, as he perfectly remember the way there and was the perfect excuse for 'Wu San Xing' to hire him. Wu Er Bai had been notify of their plan in advance, for when the rumors of Wu San Xing's come back reach him. Xiao Hua didn't want to cause problems to the Wu's, just save Wu Xie, to which Wu Er Bai agree.

Therefore, in such chaos, they settled in the mountain to return to their previous camp, only a few hours before the nightfall. They barely have time to settle, when the camps were attacked once again, but this time not by animals or monsters, but by heavy artillery that destroyed everything in reach.

Xiazi had pulled Xiao Hua out of their tent, in the very moment the fist cannon ball hit a provisions tent from Cox Hendry's camp and in the chaos of getting away from the vile attack and fires, they ended like most of the teams, scattered in the woods, were animals were waiting to attack the survivors.

Both being combat experts, they have no real problem dealing with some wild animals, but what they found on their way was not a bunch of wild dogs to fend off, but a slop-shouldered man who proved to be a very good fighter even for Xiazi standard. However, as he was expecting the man to show up at some point and he was the one they were really looking for, Xiazi manages to call a truce as they fight.

"Your watch dog is not too bad, Wu San Xing... what are you doing here? We have an agreement the last time you were in Banai. I guard this place on my own." The slope-shoulder man said as he looked at Xiao Hua.

"I didn't agree to let my nephew die inside Banai's mountains. You should know that blood is ticker than water. Isn't Zhang Qiling out there too?" Xiao Hua asked.

"He is no real guardian. Only I know all the secrets of this mountains that should remain like that forever."

"My nephew only wants to help Zhang Qiling to recover his memories."

"Then he had a bad choice on friends. Zhang Qiling will not be anything else but a burden to anyone who follow him."

"Even so, he only cares for his memories and as a Zhang, it is his right to seek for what he lost in the only way he can." Xiazi said, taking it form Xiao Hua, just in case he mess up, as they didn't know the man past with the real Wu San Xing.