Back To Town

Wu Xie

The next morning Wu Xie wake up without a fever, but with a bit of congestion, making quite evident that he had catch a cold, despite all the care Xiaoge had taken with him during the night. To make things worse the weather had changed and now dark clouds cover the morning sky, threatening with a coming rain.

Around ten in the morning, Yun Cai and her father finally showed up with more supplies for them and giving the unforeseen circumstances, Pangzi pretty much forced Wu Xie to agree to go back with them and recover for a few days before he could come back to the mountains again.

"Tianzhen... you will have to go back with Yun Cai and uncle Gui whatever you like it or not, right Xiaoge?" Pangzi asked and to Wu Xie's surprise, the stoic handsome man silently assented.

"Xiaoge! It's just a cold, I can still help you find..."

"Wu Xie... your health comes first, go back..." Xiaoge said softly, yet his gaze was deep, meaning he was very serious on that matter, so despite his unwillingness to go, he had no other choice but to give in. Thus he packed up and went outside his tent, in where Xiaoge was waiting for him to send him off. Yun Cai and the old man were already waiting for him at the border of the forest, along with Pangzi, who was glad to see her after a few days of her absence.

"Xiaoge... take care... I will be back in a few more days, hopefully with the diving equipment Xiao Hua send me as well. I will be in contact by phone to check on how things are going here. Uncle Gui said it can become dangerous when it rains, so be careful and if it rains, take a look at the lake's level. If you find anything, please call me and let me know. Also, be aware that Cox Hendry's men may lurk around at some point, so stay on your guard." Wu Xie said as he was ready to go down the mountain.

"I will be fine." Xiaoge said and Wu Xie sighed.

"Yeah... I know you are strong... but don't dive too deep, wait for the proper equipment for that and none if it rains..."

"I know." Xiaoge whisper.

"Call me if anything..."

"Wu Xie, we will be fine." Xiaoge insisted and Wu Xie sighed yet again.

"Most I really go?"

"Yes."

"Alright... I will go back in two or three days..." Wu Xie murmur with nostalgic, almost giving Xioage that puppy look that was so irresistible.

"Right..." Xiaoge said as he grabbed Wu Xie's backpack and give his man a soft kiss on the crown of his head.

"I will go with you half way." Xiaoge added and walked ahead, while Wu Xie smiled widely as he follows his man quite delighted. Halfway was good enough for him and thus, soon, the entire Iron Triangle went down the mountain, pretty much the same way they go up.

Yun Cai and Pangzi chatted in the middle of their line, while Wu Xie and Xiaoge stayed behind into their own world, until halfway, Pangzi and Xiaoge turned back to their lake camp and Wu Xie headed down the rest of the road along with the other two.

Once in Uncle Gui house, Wu Xie called Pangzi, to make sure they have go back without problems and chat with him for a while, then he took his medicines and make another call.

"Wu Xie... I was about to call you. I got everything you need to dive into the lake and best of all, you will not have to wait long for it to arrive, I will bring it to you personally." Xiao Hua said on the phone.

"That's good to hear..." And he sneezed.

"Are you sick?"

"Just a cold, nothing to worry. Right now I am in town, so when can we met?" Wu Xie asked.