Sinners And Saviors

Wu Xie

Next morning, Wu Xie make sure he has everything he need on his backpack, took his medicine and waited for Panma to show up, which he did not too long after. Panma banged on Uncle's Gui door and when Wu Xie showed up, the old man urged him for them to go, as it was a long climb into the wet mountain.

Wu Xie took his bag, make a note for Uncle Gui so he will not worry for not finding there when he wakes up, then texted Xiao Hua who was supposed to be there at midday and told him he would leave him red ribbons as marks, so he could follow the trail and follow Panma out, which had also prepared everything for their hasted departure to the mountains.

They walked in silence for most of the way and giving the chance that Panma didn't look back in all their way up, Wu Xie tied the ribbons along the way and when Panma stopped and said he was going to scope ahead, he tied the next into a tree and waited.

He had found Panma's silence all their way up odd and suspicious. Also, he had notice that at some point, they have somehow deviated from what he remembers of the path Uncle Gui took, although they still should be in the area close to the lake. Giving the nature of his last stunt, Wu Xie had also contemplated of Panma wanting to get rid of him, like he had tried twice before, thus when the old man went ahead, he prepare himself for whatever could come next.

At least he was in the mountain and he could outrun the old man at the very least, if he really tried something and after some time, not too surprisingly... he did.

"The sun had come out and the rain stopped completely." Panma said suddenly, when he stopped in the middle of the road.

"That's great, it means there will be no mudslides, right?" Wu Xie said, keeping his distance.

"Well, that doesn't really matter for you, because even without a mudslide, you are still not getting off Yang Jiao Mountain..."

"I see... so you know..." Wu Xie said calmly.

"I really wanted to help you, because I thought you were different, but at the end, you were just like that other one who simply wanted to use me and blackmail me for years."

"I disagree... I may have trick you, but I have a good reason for it, two men lives are in danger back in the lake, my close friends for which I come to you for help, but you refuse it, leaving me no choice but to become the same demon you said you became out of necessity. You should know better than anyone of what a man is capable of if desperate enough. Still, I never meant to hurt you, nor blackmail you. I just wanted you to guide me, so I can rescue my friends... I trick you to save lives."

"It doesn't matter for what reason you did it, I don't care anyway... but you should had prepared yourself to take the consequences of your act. I killed many before and you will be my last one." Panma said as he took out his long knife and throw himself to Wu Xie, which dodged in time and turn to run away from the mad man.

However, as usual he finds himself tripping at the worse possible moment and Panma catch up to him faster than he expected and when he stood up again, the man was already too close to avoid and Wu Xie crashed his back against a tree trunk, while holding Panma's hand to keep himself from be stabbed to death.

"Panma!! Calm down, I truly don't want anything from you other than to lead me to the lake!"

"Don't lie, I have enough of that!" The old man yelled and Wu Xie struggle with him, then push him with all his strength, making the man fall to his side. Wu Xie sprinted to a mad dash, but once again, he tripped on a fallen branch and fell in all fours.

"Damn it!!! Just once, let me off the hook!" Wu Xie shouted to gravity in his frustration and was about to go back to his feet, when Panma was there, pointing him with his long knife.