Metal And Fire

Xiao Hua

His next step was to break into Xie Lian Huan's residence and see what info he could find on his place along with Xiu Xiu. The matter also involved her family, so it was a fair trait and she could open pretty much any lock on their way.

They went into the house and search the many rooms for clues left behind, but find nothing, only a bit on insight when they reached Xie Lian's sturdy and check on his old computer. The files had been already deleted, but at the very least they find out it had been done just a few hours ago, which means one of two things, either Xie Lian was still alive and erasing his tracks, or he had given instructions to someone that was aware of him not been the real Wu San Xing to do it for him.

Why? Because he saw there was a flower pot that was owned by his Xie family in the house, one of two that had belonged to father and son, before his family went downhill. He currently have one of the pots on his room and the one there had belonged to his grandfather and later to Xie Lian. The interesting thing was not the flower pot on itself, but that it was the only object that had been cared in the entire house in a long time, as it had been watered frequently. 

At the end they found a notebook with a missing page and faint traces of what could have been written on it, so Xioa Hua took a pencil from the desk and very carefully used the carbon to give the invisible characters some substance and visibility.

"Xiangxi." Xioa Hua whisper at the result.

"Xiangxi? That's such a big place... this clue is just is too vague to follow. Aside from Xie Lian, who else can know the meaning? It could be anything in there..." Xiu Xia asked a bit dejectedly.

"That's easy... we ask him, of course." Xioa Hua answer.

"Brother Hua, don't joke like that. He is missing and none of us had been able to find him so far." Xiu Xiu pouted.

"Not us, but what about those who he had contact with, before disappearing?" Xiao Hua asked and she understood his meaning immediately.

"You mean..."

"Yah, Mop. He was the last one Xie Lian Huan contacted before going to Tamutuo and one of his affiliates should know how to contact him back. He hired Mop Company for the job, regardless of their poor performance later... so this investigation is still not over..."

"Right, let's head back..." Xiu Xiu suggested and so their leave the house with another destination in mind.

Wu Xie

After the chase that turned into a bath for all three of them, they went out to dry themselves and dress back, not to mention to find out what was inside that metal box that had been suddenly forgotten in the riverbank.

"Xiaoge, what kind of treasure did you hide there?" Pangzi asked as all three of them looked at the box in the floor.

"One that man may have wanted for himself... I wonder just who he was?" Wu Xie asked.

"He had Xiaoge's tattoo and his shoulder was sloped too..." Pangzi pointed.

"Yeah... thinking about it, the man in the photo that baldheaded Chu took from Xioage's house have the same sloped shoulder as well. Banai... the expedition team... Parcel Islands... Golmud sanatorium... Qilin tattoo... just what is the connection that ties all of them together?" Wu Xie asked himself aloud.

"Could it be that the man was also mutated there, like Chen Wenjin? He was even in par with Xioage and they are all connected with Golmud sanatorium. Think about it, Huo Ling gained immortality and became a monster, Chen Wenjin gained immortality and started to stink like the dead... I don't know about who else was kept in that place... but if the photo is accurate and it is indeed the Golmud sanatorium, then this man was there, thus he was probably given the shibie pill as well... Ah, I'm such a smart man, at your service..." Pangzi conclude with an exaggerated bow to his audience. Wu Xie simply rolled his eyes.