The Lake

For my dearest H, for gifting me such a good story on Halloween, 
so I hope to gift you with one as well. 

💙💙💙

Wu Xie

The next morning Wu Xie wake up a bit tired, but his vigilance on Xiaoge was something he will do gladly and Xiaoge had manage to fall asleep after his nightmare shortly after, thus he was sure he was ready to move on that day, as he would on any other day.

"Xiaoge... are you awake?" Wu Xie asked in a whisper and his lover assented over his chest.

"Are you okay?" Wu Xie asked again and Xiaoge moved his head up to kiss his chin.

"Yes..." Xiaoge whisper and Wu Xie smiled.

"Good, we had a long day ahead of us." Wu Xie said and Qiling removed his weight from Wu Xie's chest to redirect it over his elbows, to have space to kiss Wu Xie slightly.

"I'm ready." Xiaoge said, then moved away from Wu Xie.

"Alright, then let's prepare for the journey." Wu Xie said and after some watching and changing, they went out with their backpacks ready to part. They gather outside, in where Pangzi already had the rest of the bags ready for them to carry out into their new adventure.

"Uncle Gui, where is the guide?" Wu Xie asked as he saw no one else there but them and the old man.

"I will take you there myself. I will call Yun Cai now..."

"Wait, why are you going to guide us? Weren't you going to talk with someone else?" Wu Xie asked suspiciously of the apparently greedy man.

"Ah, I talked to the entire village, but the few hunters out there still haven't come back yet from the mountain, but don't worry. I also know my way there, so we will be in the lake in no time." Uncle Gui said quite happy and Pangzi and Wu Xie exchanged looks.

"Uncle Gui, could it be that you want the extra money for yourself?" Pangzi asked and Mr. Gui look at them a bit nervously, but then, he laughed.

"Well, it doesn't really matter who is the guide, right? We have become good friends by now, so why not take you three there myself? It will be safer that way, right?" The old man said and Wu Xie internally sighed at the old fox.

"True..." Wu Xie said.

"Wait, why Yun Cai too? As you said before, the mountains are dangerous and she is such a delicate girl... what if something dangerous happen and she gets hurt?" Pangzi protested immediately.

"Ah, you don't have to worry about that. She had been trekking with her grandfather since she was a child. She knows her way even better than me." Mr. Gui said discarding the issue instantly.

"Even so, aren't you worry she may get hurt? You are her father..." Pangzi insisted.

"Hey Mr. Fatty... are you looking down on me? I can handle a trip to the mountains just fine, I had done countless of them before and I am still in one piece, or not?" Yun Cai said from the top of the stair and Wu Xie try to hold a laugh at Pangzi expression as she walked down with a defiance gaze pasted on her young face.

"Ah... no, no, no... I don't mean any disrespect... don't take it the wrong way. I'm just worry about your health... but you are perfectly fine, so the job is yours, of course." Pangzi try to defend himself and Yun Cai smiled in triumph.

"Good, I'm glad you see it that way." She said to Pangzi, who sallow hard and laughed nervously and Wu Xie see the chance for some payback from all the teasing he suffer in Tamutuo.