More Hidden Secrets

Wu Xie

The next coming days were full of sadness, as they bury Yun Cai properly and after that Pangzi focus on digging the mountain in order to distract himself from the loss and empty void of his heart. Wu Xie and Xiaoge, of course don't leave him alone in his hardest time, so they went into the mountain and dig here and there for a few days until to look into another lead.

It happens that slope-shoulder got to the extreme when close to finding anything substantial to the Zhang Pavilion, but as Wu Xie analyze all the info they had discover so far, he realize that if that was true, then how did that bald man manage to retrieve the photo he give them and how those photos remained untouched for so many years without the man either taking them away or burner them.

It was so obvious that the photos were only a distraction that will not lead to anything important, that he felt like slapping himself for not thinking about it before. At the end, they decided it was worth the shot to meet with the bald man again to see if they could find something else they had overlooked, although the trip back to Chagsha was going to be done by Wu Xie alone.

One, because Pangzi could not be left alone under his current state of mind, otherwise he may end up in more troubles and second because Xiaoge needed to be there in case either slope-shoulder or Cox Hendry decided to act while he was gone and protect Pangzi from them. Thus the night before Wu Xie was going to leave Banai, Xiaoge held his man quite tightly, as if wishing he will not go away again.

"Are you worry?" Wu Xie asked as he too hugged Xiaoge back.

"I always worry when I can't see or reach you..." Xiaoge said honestly and Wu Xie sighed.

"It just a harmless trip I have done before."

"Not alone."

"Xiaoge, really... my luck can't be that bad in a row and we need the answers for both you and Pangzi alike."

"I rather go with you."

"We can't leave Pangzi alone and he is not going anywhere until he finds the Zhang's Pavilion... not after Yun Cai's death."

"I know..."

"Then there is only me left..."

"What about Xiao Hua?" Xiaoge asked and Wu Xie looked up to him.

"You trust him now?" Wu Xie asked with a smile.

"He cares for you..."

"Not only me Xiaoge, you are part of a bigger circle now..."

"Will you call him?" Xiaoge asked while ignoring Wu Xie statement.

"I will let him know of my plans, but he most probably had his own. He is also searching for his own clues, you know..."

"Hei Xiazi?" At that Wu Xie smiled again.

"He is probably too busy shadowing Xiao Hua..."

"The man in your shop?" Xiaoge asked as he remember the man that had been so annoyed when he had called fake all the antiques he put his hands over.

"What? Wang Meng?" Wu Xie asked surprised and laughed softly at the suggestion. It was already odd that Xiaoge had remember him so suddenly, but then again, now that he think about it...

"You know... that's not a bad idea, he certainly had the free time since the only thing he do at my shop is play that damn game... I will consider calling him tomorrow, depending of what I can find... but Xiaoge, why you suddenly remember him? You meet him just the few days we stayed at home?" Wu Xie asked curiously.