Challenges In the Xin Yue Restaurant

Wu Xie

On the appointed day and hour, the three of them dress up for the occasion and went on their way to find out who the buyer was. They soon walked side by side up the long wide stairs of the restaurant, decorated with a red carpet that indicated there was an event held that day, of which they knew nothing. Of course, they were stopped at the entrance, as it was a private event that needed an invitation. An auction was set for the event and the only way in, aside for the invitation was paying a fee that none of them could really afford.

"Now what?" Wu Xie whisper as they had moved a little further from the guards to discuss their new predicament.

"Tianzhen, seriously who the hell is your buyer? This looks more like a setup, because it can't be a coincidence you were invited here, when there is an auction planned for the same day at the same hour."

"How should I know it was going to be like this? And this is not something new anyways. I have been played since a child by my own family, so it's not too surprising others do it too. The important thing now is how are we going to get in? My account doesn't have enough zeros to satisfy this place greed." Wu Xie said as he looked at Pangzi.

"Then... should we leave Xiaoge as a guarantee?" Pangzi asked and Wu Xie was tempted to hit the back of his best friend head with his palm.

"Do you think they will accept an old man with no memories as payment? Come on, Pangzi, stop the teasing."

"He is a Zhang, an immortal one at that..."

"Si Pangzi, how is Xiaoge an immortal? Give it a rest."

"Alright, alright... no harassing the amnesic."

"Damn right... we need a plan b now..." Wu Xie said as he try to think in another way to get in, but as he ponder, Xiaoge simply took a card from his pocket at show it to them, taking Wu Xie by surprise as he stared at the card on his hand. Pangzi however, simply smiled and give the card to the guard to use it as he liked.

"A black card? Xiaoge where did you..."

"I found in on uncle Gui's garden." Pangzi explained, but Wu Xie doubted his words, seen that Xiaoge was the one who have it.

"You liar, I bet Xiaoge was the one who find it, right?" Wu Xie asked and Xiaoge assented.

"See?" Wu Xie smiled teasingly.

"Xiaoge, you should give me a helping hand now and then, it won't hurt you." Pangzi protested.

"It's Wu Xie." Xiaoge said as an apology that make Wu Xie smile with love, just before the guard came back to them and give Pangzi the card, allowing them to enter the restaurant.

"Well, it wasn't that hard to get in after all..." Pangzi said triumphantly and Wu Xie looked at him.

"To whom that card belongs to? I doubt uncle Gui had that much money on his account."

"Ah... about that..." Pangzi started but was interrupted as his mobile ringed.

"Master Hua..."

"Wait, what? Did you just used his card? Are you mad, Pangzi?" Wu Xie panic, but Pangzi ignore him and take the call, letter avoiding Xiao Hua's questioning saying he didn't have a good signal.

"We won't be using his money from here on, so it's okay."

"He is my cousin, I can't take advantage of him like this."

"Because he is your cousin, he should help you in times of need."

"You are so twisted."

"It get us in, right?" Pangzi said and they were escorted to a table and after finding that the prices were over the top expensive, the ponder if starving was an option. However, there was no problem for Pangzi to order the only thing in the menu which was free.