Heartbreaking Maze

Wu Xie
💙💙💙

They were coming... those human shaped things made with jade resin were coming and for the sound of it in big numbers and they were just the tree of them. Wu Xie was no expert in combat, but he could not let Xiaoge which was already tired to put himself in harms way to keep him safe, as he usually did. Thus he was determined to fight back with everything he got to do so, from the iron bar he had on his hand to his legs.

"Wu Xie stay close to me." Xiaoge told him, but he had already decided to pull his own weight this time.

"I will handle myself." Wu Xie told him back.

"Tianzhen, listen to Xiaoge or you will get yourself killed." Pangzi said.

"I will not allow it." Xiaoge refuted.

"You both are tired... just focus on yourselves."

"As if that will stop Xiaoge..."

"Stop it Pangzi. I'm serious..."

"So am I." Xiaoge assured Wu Xie.

"Xiaoge..."

"I think you are too late to change his mind now." Pangzi added.

"I value his life as much as mine. I don't want him to risk himself for me."

"I won't lose you."

"See? You got the VIP protection, I however got none of it."

"You won't die either." Xiaoge assure him.

"Ah, I finally got through the Pingxie priority. I'm so proud of myself... Alright, let them come! I'm ready and fire up..."

"Idiot... don't be too reckless..." Wu Xie told him.

"They are coming..." Xiaoge warned them and then it was all a mess of chaos, because the upgraded version of the jade servants came from all over the chamber and from the maze.

Wu Xie fought hard, focusing in not getting caught off guard, to prevent both Xiaoge and Pangzi to come to his rescue, however, the new jade servants were too many and eventually all three of them were injured in the endless fight. If they keep it up like that, all three of them were going to get killed.

"This isn't working... how the hell this things can recognize us here?" Pangzi asked as he heavily breathed as he recline his back on a stone wall.

"I thought the way they seek us is strange too..." Wu Xie conceded to Pangzi.

"It's not strange..." Xiaoge said as he squatted and suddenly grabbed a snake from some of the remains of the shattered jade resin and kill it in a blink of an eye.

"Those snakes again? I thought we leave them behind in Tamutuo." Pangzi said in disbelief.

"It's seem the original Zhang's were indeed from there." Wu Xie said as he looked at Xiaoge.

"You hear that Xiaoge? Snakes should be your best friends... they were your ancestors toys."

"Stupid Pangzi, leave him alone..."

"Ah, right... I forgot we still have the no harassing the mute active."

"Pangzi!"

"Yeah, yeah... we need to get out of here before the next wave comes... I have no stamina for long fights..."

"Xiaoge... can you recognize this place, or the way into the maze?" Wu Xie asked hopefully and Xiaoge did his best to get his bearing there... but he still didn't remember anything about Banai... he could only guide himself by instinct.