Bad Luck Part Two

Wu Xie

Xiaoge and Wu Xie followed her closely into a tunnel with an apparent dead end, a bit far from the tombs there were a while ago. Wenjin offer Wu Xie a small towel and a water canteen to clean his face and so he did. He could not contain his excitement to finally been face to face with the woman that may have all the answers he was seeking so desperately and it was not only for him, but also for Xiaoge, who still didn't remember his lost past.

"Madam Chen Wenjin... pardon my first question, but how come you look like you haven't aged a day, when you are the same age as my uncle? Are you like Xiaoge? What happen in the Golmud Sanatorium and the expedition you were part off?" Wu Xie shoot at her first and she smiled kindly.

"Wu Xie... Although I had stop aging ever since that expedition, it's not the same as Zhang Qiling and nor it's a good thing for me." She said and slightly looked at Qiling. He of course had true Qilin blood, which make the man the real deal while she was only what looked like a failed experiment, the same way Huo Ling was before her.

"Why? What happen to you back then? Why did you keep following us, yet ran away at the same time? Why are you here? Why was Xiaoge and even my uncle brought here to Tamutuo? What's the secret behind the Queen Mother? Was she related to what happen to your team in any way? Why did you disappeared? What happened to Xiaoge? Why he lost his memory? And about my uncle... wait, he is looking for you too. I need to go back and..." Wu Xie rushed with the questions, now unable to contain himself.

"Wu Xie, calm down." Xiaoge whisper as he saw so many emotion pilling inside Wu Xie's mind. There was curiosity mixed with disappoint and fear, desire to know what was hidden from him, to get things clarify and brought into the light. Perhaps he showed his desire to keep him in control, because Wu Xie, sighed after staring his way for a few seconds.

"It's alright, Zhang Qiling. I know he had a lot of questions and he had been hold back on many things that he deserves to know. I'm not running away this time, so please ask." Wenjin said.

"Why appearing so suddenly?" Wu Xie asked.

"It's not sudden, you have seen me before I start tracking you inside the basing." She said as she pulled her braid to her right side. Wu Xie found the gesture odd, as of why would she do that? Was that significant in any way... wait... as he looked at her better, he found that she resemble someone else... someone else that also wears a braid the same way and recently. Then it hit him.

"You are Madam Dolma daughter-in-law!" He shouted.

"Yes." She said calmly.

"Then why did you pretend to be someone else?"

"I needed to be cautious, as you have already read in my diary." She said and Wu Xie looked at Qiling.

"You knew who she was from the start?" He asked and Qiling assented in confirmation.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" Wu Xie asked agitated.

"I hint you."

"Nonsense. When did you ever hint me on her been Chen Wenjin?"

"I give you the look." Xiaoge said simply and Wu Xie got frustrated. Recalling the night in which the two of them were called by Madam Dolma and her grandson to introduce Wenjin as her daughter in law. Indeed, at that time Xiaoge did give him that penetrating gaze, but... come on...

"Seriously Xiaoge? That look? You always stare at me the same way, how can I read that into a 'hey she is the one you are looking for?'" Wu Xie fumed and Xiaoge diverted his gaze in apology.

"It's not Zheng Qiling's fault. I was the one who lie. I did it because I was sure that someone in your initial team was with It. We don't know who or what It is, so I play it safe for my own protection as well as yours. We don't know what this It is really after, so exposing myself would have been dangerous."