Love Betrayal

In the very moment, Xiao Hua realizes that the key was not completed because of a pebble that have prevent the bulb from fully emerge, hell had break lose for him. The thought of sending Wu Xie to his doom with his own hands was enough to make him sick in the spot. However, he had no time to duel on his inner turmoil when he needed to correct his mistakes as soon as possible and launch a rescue operation, as he made contact with Xiu Xiu in Banai.

Now knowing that her grandma was missing, Xiu Xiu wasted no time in head back to the way they had go in with a new team, but soon they found out that once crossing the doors, there was no way to open them again, meaning that those who had pass them will not come back the same way or not come back at all.

Xiazi had drive him there like a maniac, already knowing how important this was for him and the faster he gets to Banai, the closer he is to find out what happen to Wu Xie's team and if they were still alive. However, as they arrived in Banai, things were not as good as they looked, and Xiu Xiu's men were unable to follow the path they had taken.

Apparently, once crossing the first key door, there was no turning back, thus no matter how hard they tried, none of their team could find the way Wu Xie and Zhang Qiling had gone into the mountain and reached a dead, with no other way to get inside or contact the lost team in the belly of the mountain.

Still, the words give up were not in Xiao Hua's vocabulary, so despite the set back, he still believed that there have to be another way to enter the mountain, because if Zhang Qiling had come out of there even once, it means there was a way out. Thus now, his only clues were the mountain lake the old archeological team had sought before or the Miloutuo cave where they rescue the Iron Triangle.

"Xiao Hua, I know you are worried, but you need to have some rest at some time. It's already nightfall, and no matter how much you want it, Wu Xie will not be found tonight." Xiazi told him as he offered him a cup of warm tea. They were outside the tent they had erected by the mountain lake, close to the campfire, to warm themselves on that cold night. 

"You rest, Xaizi. I can't possibly think in sleeping while Wu Xie may be dying somewhere down the mountain because I send him to his death when he trust me so blindly." Xiao Hua said, taking the cup and making Xiazi sigh.

"Xiao Hua, give Wu Xie some credit. He is not alone inside the mountain. You know, as well as me, that Yaba Zhang would rather die than let anything bad happen to Wu Xie. If there is any chance, he will make sure to deliver Wu Xie to safety." Xiazi said as he came closer, to sit by his side.

"If it was an ordinary tomb, I will agree wholeheartedly, but this damn Zhang's Pavilion is nothing but deadly traps all over, even for a Zhang. Have you forgotten how badly injured Zhang Qiling was when we rescued them from that cave? To be honest, Wu Xie was in far better shape, and he is like a god among tomb raiders... I..." Xiao Hua stopped as he closed his eyes, quite tired.

"He is strong, Xiao Hua... all of them are strong, and it's not like we are giving up on them. No matter what, we will find them, but for that, you also need to be strong, like the pillar you have become to your Xie family. Just think about it, do you think that Wu Er Bai will let his only nephew die like this? If he haven't show so far, it means he has confidence that Wu Xie will be back." 

"Had Wu Er Bai contact you?" Xiao Hua asked as he drank from his cup.

"He did." Xiazi said and looked up to the night sky for a moment, avoiding Xiao Hua's gaze almost in shame.

"So? What did he tell you?" Xiao Hua pressed him to say more.

"That the Zhang's had hollow the mountain in many ways over a century, to keep intruders confused and away from their deepest secrets. His father had told him once, when Master San was involved with the archeological team, that the Zhang's never used the front door to carried their corpses, but the back door which was easier for them to move around their dead in an easier way."