The Meaning Of Dignity

Wu Xie

The sound of the bell marked the start of the action, thus Wu Xie sighed deeply, already resigned to whatever fate awaits him that day. The start price of the Ghost Seal was RMB 50 million, so the anxiety was starting to get to him, as it was expected to go really high in no time. Wu Xie even hear Pangzi whisper the 50 million in dread behind him, while he felt Xiaoge stare as his back once more.

He was so doom and all three of them knew it, but there were times in which self-destruction was a must when dealing with nasty people like the woman seat by his side. As the bid started, Wu Xie try his best to canalize his stress by dismissing the things he was beginning to lose, one at a time.

"Sixty-one million!" One bid was called from bellow.

"Great... just starting and I already lose Wushanju..." Wu Xie said in a whisper to himself, as behind him, Xiaoge started to truly worry for his lover. They were there because both Wu Xie and Pangzi wanted to help him find his lost memories, but now... Wu Xie was actually betting everything he got, his home, his reputation, his family assets... He could really end up losing everything he have in this life and he will be the one who make it happen. This was not what he wanted, not even to find his memories. Wu Xie was more precious to him than that.

"Wu Xie..." Xiaoge was going to tell Wu Xie to desist of the idea, but Pangzi placed a hand on Wu Xie's shoulder, as well as on Xiaoge's.

"Even when you lose everything else, you cannot lose your honor when it has been trampled on so cowardly. No Wu will let himself be crushed like that and let it go so easily. Wu Xie will keep his end of the promise no matter what and it's our duty to make it happen even when he falters. Xiaoge, this is also the way of the Zhang's. They don't go down without a fight, right?" Pangzi whisper to Xiaoge, who assented in agreement.

The bid keep escalating up to 70 million and Wu Xie's heart was ready to go up his throat.

"There it goes my land in Changsha..." Wu Xie keep whispering.

"75 million!"

"Farewell to my ancestral house..." Wu Xie said as his heart sink this time.

"Xiu Xiu..." Fairy Huo called her granddaughter, who reclined close to her to hear her words.

"Yes, grandma." She whisper.

"Request a Mu Ke Zhai show for Master Wu. Losing so much at once have a great impact on him." Fairy Huo said and Wu Xie almost laughed. Oh, that devilish woman was truly heartless to the core.

When he was younger he had always wonder why his family keep him away from the Mystic Nine influence, mostly secluded to the Wu household until his uncle took him on tomb raiding adventures, introducing him to the antique world. Now he knew the answer and had to admit that he was glad to had grownup under his grandmother influence instead of the Huo's. The Xie were kindhearted and worry for their members as family should. Xiao Hua too was the same, always trying to protect him, even when they had grown apart for so long after the 'death' of Xie Lian, when he stopped visiting him for now obvious reasons.

For her arrogance, as well for her desire of vengeance against his grandparents, he keep himself pasted to that seat. She may ruin him now, but somehow he was sure that the last one who laughs, laughs best. He may not be Fo Ye, but he was no coward and his lover was also a mighty Zhang with a legend on his own, so fated or not, he was meant to get that seat and start his own legacy that not even Fairy Huo should ignore. However...

"80 million!" Someone called from bellow and Wu Xie's blood freeze over. One thing was to lose all he have, he could live pass that, as he was not alone and at the very least he could stay with Pangzi, but if that keeps up... then it was no longer only his problem, he was going to ruin his family as well...