To See You Again

Wu Xie

Been emotionally drained after watching the video, Wu Xie decided to rest for what was left of the day. He had pressing matters to take care off, like looking into the name he was given, but he was no in the mood to try his luck. His head hurt for the downpour of crying and his mind was completely tired. He truly needed the rest... a short break from all his losses, so he could compose himself again to be back with the man he loved as soon as possible.

So he took a shower and throw himself into the bed to cry some more and then fall asleep in fatigue. The next morning, past ten, he wake up when Wang Meng told him he had some visitors. He was in no mood for more people send by his uncle or troublemakers, like Mr. Jin had suggested, but at Wang Meng insistence, he clean in face, brush his teeth and hair and went out to meet with his new visitors.

The first one he saw was Pangzi's back and his heart sink to the floor in the spot, fearing that something may had happen to Xiaoge while he was away, because he was standing there, in the middle of the room alone.

"Pangzi!" Wu Xie shouted and rushed to meet with him and ask what happen, why was he there all of the sudden without him been informed and where was his Xiaoge, when another figure dressed all in black walked inside and starred at him with a deep gaze that make Wu Xie's heart leaps tenfold in a single second. He halted midway by the surprise of seen him out of the hospital and looking like he had not been on a coma for the past month. He looked beautiful...

"Xiaoge..." Wu Xie simply whisper and walked toward him like pulled by an invisible string, one slow step at the time as he admired the slim, yet strong black figure that could not gaze away from him either. Zhang Qiling for his part did the same as he approached him, never taking his eyes of Wu Xie, also in his own trance, with his heart pumping blood into his veins, as fast as if he were running a mile instead of just staring at another man.

Before, as they journey back out of the Queen Mother's Palace and the young man carried him as he told Qiling stories of their adventures together, he thought that his heart was skipping beats with apparent no reason, while his body temperature raised, like wrapped by a warm sensation that he wanted to hold forever. Then sometimes, when Wu Xie whisper old tales to him and occasionally moved his head to make sure he was listening and their faces got to close, almost in a kiss he felt a tingling sensation than ran all over his sick body.

To all that, he thought it was just part of his sickness, a rare reaction to the new reality he was facing, the loss of his memories then depending on two strangers to get out of the place alive. However when Pangzi had carried him, to give Wu Xie a break, Qiling notice that his heart rate remained stable and steady, no fever, no that warm sensation in the mouth of his stomach and no tingling sensation until once again it was Wu Xie's turn to get a hold of him and then his emotions went out of control again.

While in the desert, his focus was centered on Wu Xie as well, staying close to him, supporting him and guiding him for as long as he could resist the pain and sickness and even when he was unconscious he still could sense the other man close or when he was gone, which was the reason he had wake up in the very moment that he had been aware of his longer absence. He didn't wanted to part with that welcoming warm when he was so drowning in a cold void. Wu Xie was not only kind at heart, he was like a beacon of light that cleansed his darkness. He was reliable and trustworthy, but most of all, he notice that the young man was... special.

All his instinct told him he needed to protect the man and that Wu Xie was to him more than just a friend or a brother. On his confusion, he could not place the emotions right... but as he saw Wu Xie rush to meet Pangzi's with those big tender eyes of his filled with sudden fear and even a bit swollen by probably a night of tears, he could tell that what he felt for Wu Xie was not brotherhood, or gratitude, nor curiosity or even familiarity, but love. Yes, he loved Wu Xie, even if could not remember how it happen. Even if the other man had said nothing about it, or perhaps he was not aware of his feelings.