Inside The Trap First Floor

Wu Xie

As soon as he was over the sand, Wu Xie realize it was a trap made of quicksand and that it was thanks to Xiaoge's fast reflexes that he was not facing the problem that Pangzi was right in front of him, still standing and sinking deeper into the sand with each passing second.

"How come I shouted to the two of you for help and you almost kill me instead?" Pangzi complained as he rubbed his shoulder, where Wu Xie had accidently kick him while going down.

"Shut up! Hury and lay down!" Wu Xie shouted, ignoring Pangzi's remark.

"That's easier said than done, I'm half submerged already!"

"Just sit down! It will even the weight into more than just one spot and make you sink less!" Wu Xie explained and Pangzi did as he was told, falling on his butt then lay down over the sand.

Immediately, both Wu Xie and Xiaoge went into action and dig out his legs to free him from further sink and afterwards, they simply drag themselves out of the sand trap to the nearby door, which was their only way to escape from their entrapment.

"What the hell is this place? It's just below a damn bathroom!" Pangzi yelled as they keep slithering toward the door.

"Xiu Xiu said this place is no longer used and it's most likely because at some point it was used as a training ground for the Huo family." Wu Xie guessed.

"Training ground? This is deadly stuff! Are the Mystic Nine really that crazy about training themselves this way?"

"Tomb raiding is not exactly safe. They all did at least some training before getting into the business and Xiaoge is sadly an example of how serious they took the job."

"Damn, that's true... wait... then, were we betrayed? Lured to this trap on purpose by Xiu Xiu?" Pangzi asked.

"Not coming from Xiu Xiu... she is genuinely different from her grandmother. Xiao Hua trust her and so do I."

"Then that we are all trapped in here is just a coincidence?" Pangzi asked as they reach the border of the sand.

"No." Xiaoge said quickly while helping Wu Xie to stand over the small stone floor in front of the only door.

"Xiaoge, Xiu Xiu will never do this kind of things." Wu Xie insisted as he brushed the sand off his clothes the best way he could.

"Is no coincidence." Xiaoge insisted as he looked at the closed door.

"Well, even if it looks like that, I think it's not something coming from her." Wu Xie said.

"Right now it doesn't matter... we are already down here, so our only way to get out is opening that door and find the exit. If this is indeed a training ground then it most end at some point." Pangzi pointed out.

"Alright... then let's get in." Wu Xie said and Xiaoge and Pangzi worked together to open the sliding door to have a look of what was inside.

As they stepped inside the circular room, the door behind them closed automatically, successfully trapping them inside the new room. Now there really was no other way out that to walk through whatever that training ground had in store for them.

The first thing that hit Wu Xie, was a strange smell of which the room seems to be filled with. It was a bit intoxicating at least and Wu Xie even cover his nose for a second with his finger, while Pangzi turned on the light in the room.

"You see that? The heavens have granted me with a pair of eyes that see in the darkness. How awesome is that?" Pangzi teased and Xiaoge assented, making Wu Xie roll his eyes.