The Wu's Way

Wu Er Bai

He had known about the annoying interference of Cox Hendry in the Mystic Nine business from a long time and as he had detached himself from the Nine Gates from most of the time, he didn't care much at first. He had too many important things he needed to take care of, in order to protect his family from the disaster they had fall into.

His father had been a meticulous man and had worked with the Xie's since he was young, to make sure both families will surface from the chaos that was bond to suffocate the Mystic Nine core. His own brother had sacrifice his identity in order to find out about the organization that wanted the most dangerous secrets of the ancient Zhang's to use them to their own purposes, which were not good in any way you look at them and how they had infiltrate among the Mystic Nine in order to find out the secrets that the Zhang's had guarded for centuries.

Their secrets were of course too deadly to let them get into the hands of greedy people that wanted to have their own gains at all cost. The Wu's were different in that aspect as his father fortune had been made while working hard in their dog training programs and raiding tombs, like all the Nine Gates did. He had become the richest of all Nine Gates at some point, but that had come to an end, just as many of the Nine had meet misfortune at some point in their lives.

However, his father was a great man and knew how to rise after falling down and after a few years, he regained most of what he lost and they became stronger than ever and parted ways with the Mystic Nine. However, learning from his mistakes, he had make plans in secret and away from those spies that were plaguing the Nine families. Plans that were still in motion and that Wu Xie had no idea of their existence, even when he had already been involved.

It was mostly San Xing, who had push Wu Xie in, when his father and he were against it, but at the end, his involvement was inevitable. They had try to spare the boy for long enough, thus leaving him in the darkness and raising him free to do as he wished, thus his innocent and naïve personality captivate many as he grew up, which sadly suited into San Xing's own plans.

But of course, that was their family internal struggles, it had nothing to do with strangers wanting to take advantage of Wu Xie for their own purpose, most likely the organization they were against off. He pretty much despised Cox Hendry as much as his father before him, not only because he deal with Chinese relics that should have never end on his dirty hands, but also because the man insisted in involving Wu Xie at any giving opportunity without a care.

That was unforgivable and it was about time he let that know to the damn man once and for all. His nephew may be naïve and reckless at times, but he was not alone by any means, as he was the heir of their entire family and their hopes to lead it into better times and prosperity. The boy so far have not much interest in leading, only into old relics and tombs, just like San Xing when he was his age.

However, all of them knew of Wu Xie's brilliant mind, his skills and talents that at some point will become the strength of their family. Hopefully Wu Xie will embrace his duty in the future, although his free spirit could lead him into dangers, as it had already, so many times before. Also, his relationship with Zhang Qiling make Wu Xie's future more complicated and may even change his fate, as they seem now like inseparable.

He had known of Wu Xie's obsession with him since they first met, thanks to 'San Xing's' putting them together, but back then, he was young and curious and there was no bigger mystery around than the current Zhang Patriarch. They were meant to meet, but now it looked like there was something more, if Wu Xie keep getting to such lengths to help Zhang Qiling in everything he needed.

Nevertheless, it was because of that he had ask Hei Xiazi to take an eye on them from time to time, as he learn they were going to Banai. The deadliest place any tomb raider could enter, with pretty much almost no one surviving the obsession of searching for the resting place of the Zhang's. Last time, thirty years ago, just months before Xie Lian and San Xing exchanged places, a coffin loaded with a corpse was going to be sent to the old Zhang's Pavilion to undergo a strange process inside the tomb.