A Night Earlier

Hei Xiazi

It turned out that after leaving behind the hellish nest of snakes, they had to turn back in search of the diving equipment needed to keep up moving into the sewer they found earlier that seems to connect with the Queen Mother's Palace. They travel their way back until nightfall and when Xiazi see that his precious Xiao Hua was about to be bitten by a deadly snake, his body acted on his own accord and put himself in harm's way to save his lovely flower.

He was confident that the snake was not going to bite through his boots, of course and he make it clear to a slightly panicked Xiao Hua, who killed the snake at his feet, but at the end he was proven wrong, to Xiao Hua's dismays. As Hei Xiazi fainted into his arms, he carry the man into one of the tents as San Xing order for the antidote to be given to Yuchen at once.

As soon as he got it, he injected the antidote to Xiazi, apply an antibiotic cream and bandage his foot before patiently waited for the man in glasses to wake up. His action was not necessary as he would had reacted in time to avoid been bite, but he was a bit flattered for Xiazi to act as a desperate lover in need to prove his worth and devotion.

"You silly man... I'm not a damsel in distress... and I rather have you alive than dead." Xiao Hua whisper as he waited for the idiot to wake up and after a few minutes he did with a soft moan. Immediately after he was trying to move, which Xiao Hua of course prevented.

"Don't move just yet you idiot. Let the antidote take a full effect before that." Xiao Hua order and Xiazi smiled.

"I did good, right? What about offering some cash as a reward for saving your life?" Xiazi joked, but only got a finger on his foot right in where he was bitten, which make him yelp a bit.

"Who said you did good? It was unnecessary and unwanted, although when we get back I promise to buy you a high quality pair of boots in repayment." Xiao Hua offer.

"Cash will be better..." Xiazi pouted.

"Your life matters more to me. I told you not to do this again, I can take care of myself." Xiao Hua told him.

"Since life matters more, in that case I can said the same to you. Earlier I was worry when you slip inside that sewer we found and you volunteer to enter on your own and I call your name several times, fearing something happen to you, with no answer from you."

"I did answer."

"Oh right, with annoyance at that too. How is that caring for my life? I you had answer a little later than you did, I would probably strain or hurt my back and arms trying to pull you back on my own in a flash."

"But I did answer."

"Hua'er..."

"Hei Xiazi, it's not that easy to get rid of me, otherwise I would had die a long time ago."

"I'm just saying that you tend to forget others care for you. To be honest, you had done so much on your own, mostly because you were forced to be the head of your family at such a young age, that you are reluctant to get help in times of needs."

"Ridiculous, I can handle things on my own."

"Oh, you are quite capable, I'm sure... but I can see your loneliness as clear as I see in the darkest night."

"I am not..."

"Don't even try to deny it, Hua'er. We get along so well from the start of our dual journey precisely because of that. You needed a companion as much as I needed one too and you enjoy our journey no matter how much you try to deny it, otherwise you would had abandon me right when we got out of that hellish tunnel. I like you, which is why I kiss you and you kiss me back..."