Kisses In The Darkness

Hei Xiazi

They had surpass a few more challenges as they keep walking until they reached the main chamber. He was sulking a bit after losing his bet with his Master Hua, but at least he annoy him a bit as he cleaned his dirty fingers on Hua'er hand. He was such a tidying man type, that becoming filthy by his piss would be the ultimate punishment. He wonder just why someone who was set to explore dirty places would actually choose to wear white and even more so of how he manage to keep it clean all to way through the desert.

Nevertheless, San Xing was kind enough to leave them water to clean their hands and after he washed his, Xiazi joined Xiao Hua as he looked to the painted mural in the wall. The story tell the secret encounter between the Heavenly Queen Mother and a man, that for the way it was dressed and painted at the same size as the Queen Mother, it was probably none other than Emperor Mu of Zhou.

There was a legend that said the two fell in love when the Emperor came to visit on a quest for the pill of immortality she was rumor to had.

"A legend or a myth, it seems that only Emperor Mu could win the Queen Mother's heart." Xiao Hua said as he looked up to the colorful drawings.

"Perhaps... but still, she was so ruthless that it's hard to picture her falling in love blindly, unless there was something she gained from it." Xiazi said.

"Not really, just look around. Those torches were made in the style of the Western Zhou, which mean she not only loved the man, she also integrate his culture in hers. She should had strong feelings for the Emperor to go that far, perhaps even wanting to merge their cultures into one." Xiao Hua reassured him.

"A woman's heart is complicated. That's the only thing this place proves. Let's keep going." Xiazi moved ahead and started to climb up the very long stairs to the top. Halfway they took a short rest. He offer Xiao Hua a snack, but as usual it was refused. He was so stingy sometimes.

"Hua'er, don't be so ungrateful, I wasn't even going to charge you for it." Xiazi sulked.

"Should I feel grateful for that?" Xiao Hua teased.

"My heart is so broken, I'm just been kind, you know." Xiazi whisper.

"Alright, what about a treat from me? You had proved to be competent at the very least..."

"A treat? Forget it."

"Why? I was actually been kind this time." Xiao Hua asked.

"Hua'er, really, is that the best you can offer me as the Master of the Hua family, after doing all the hard work for you? No offense, but no thanks." Xiazi refused.

"Fine. When we get back home I will give you a food production company of portable food, is that to your satisfaction?" Xiao Hua's asked.

"Hua'er, don't go saying things like 'when returning home', it's a bad luck wording in places like these. It means that we may be close to our deaths and never reaching home." Xiao Hua smiled.

"I think you told me you were not the superstitious kind a while back. Where you lying to me?"

"No. I believe in my experience dealing with such places, but you are still new to tomb raiding. I assure you, it's not the same to train somewhere else relative safe, than experience the dangers in the real thing. There is always the unknown factor, the unexpected things that could show in your way, the deadly traps that could blow the whole place and it will end up in your survival depending on your luck alone. Believe me, don't jinx yourself in the middle of an expedition, so talk about going home when you are actually in the way there." Xiazi said in consideration of his well-being.