Winning Flag

Wu Xie

The next room looked even bigger than the previous one with a lot of artifacts on display that took Pangzi's interest immediately. He was the kind of man that loved relics the most and was completely fascinated by them, especially if he could sell them at a very good price.

Wu Xie smiled as he looked at his friend acting like a kid that had been gifted with his favorite candy, but after a moment, he focus on his own interest which was about finding the secret behind that morgue. Yes, he had the morgue floor plan on his possession and everything pointed out that it was about a real place somewhere. However, they didn't knew where, nor for why Fairy Huo wanted so desperate to get there.

Obviously, he could assume that the place was connected to the Mystic Nine mysteries, but pretty much everything else was connected the same way. This riddle was just another one in the long list of unsolved mysteries they had stumble with it. Nevertheless, there was something significant about that morgue that make the old woman go to the extreme to uncover and he had the gut feelings she was doing so because she wanted to visit the real place herself.

"I'm surprise... they had real relics here... no fake ones, for once. I can't handle another 'fake' from Xiaoge anymore." Pangzi said as he took an old vase from one of the shelves.

"Keep changeling him and you will have him looking for one in no time. Leave him be, Pangzi." Wu Xie said as he notice that the walls were cover with some kind of golden sheets, which was on itself quite weird.

"Tarpaulin sheets?" Wu Xie asked himself as he touch the sheet to make sure of it and immediately, Pangzi headed to his spot to have a look at it as well.

"This is weird... we didn't see any of this tarpaulin sheets on the lower floors. I wonder why here?" Pangzi asked and Wu Xie ponder on the answer for a moment.

"This room is made for the relics or the treasures of the deceased, perhaps there was a need to make it waterproof to protect it." Wu Xie observed as he keep touching the paper, finding that there was something hidden behind the golden sheets hanging from the ceiling.

"There is something behind all this... let's rip it up and see was we can find hidden there." Wu Xie suggested and both Pangzi and Wu Xie turn down one sheet to the floor, revealing what was behind it.

"I should have known... such a work of art from Lei's genius architecture." Wu Xie whisper as he watched the beautiful design of the pillar that was behind the tarpaulin.

"It's quite the design... I wonder if there is more. This is just a replica, but if the real thing is richer than this one, then it will truly be a sight to behold." Wu Xie said.

"Then, let's have some fun and tear them all down!" Pangzi said quite excitedly, but just when he was going to grab one more sheet, Xiaoge took out his knife and in an incredible swift run, he torn apart the whole thing all around the room in just less than a minute, making them drop their jaws in amaze.

"Xiaoge, you are too awesome..." Wu Xie said honestly.

"You are drooling again Tianzhen."

"What? I'm not!"

"Yes you are... just look at those little stars you got for eyes when admiring his work."

"It was awesome!"

"Of course it was! He is Xiaoge, your one man army, explorer extraordinaire and fastest man on Earth! Of course you are drooling. I will be too in your place."

"Pangzi!!" Wu Xie yelled as he flushed, now quite ready to start another argument, but...

"It was just faster. Never mind it." Xiaoge said in hope to stop the coming bantering.